How to get "formula" column into Pivot board

Hey all!
My company is brand new to Monday.com and LOVE it! So thank you for such an amazing product!
I’m trying to figure out how to display Totals for each Project Manager (PM) while also breaking down the totals for each Foreman for each PM. I’ve made a Formula column inside the original board however can’t find it inside the Pivot board.
I’ve also attached a picture that shows what my end goal is.
Side note, I’m trying to find a clean way to view each month along with the totals but I’m not sure this can work cleanly (besides in a graph.)

Here is what my goal is:

Hi. I heard it’s a known bug (to be added feature)
Waiting on that also.
Another thing missing is the sub totals per row IMO

hey @brocton - welcome to the monday.com community an extension of the monday.com family!

@nealb is correct - we currently don’t support the Formula column in the Pivot feature but we will in the future.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

1 Like

Is there a timeline regarding when this functionality might be incorporated? I’m working on developing a tool where including formula columns in pivot tables is a critical aspect.
(We are also considering upgrading to Enterprise just for the pivot table feature…but we just need to know if it will really meet our needs if we go for it…)

I tried looking for a pivot table roadmap, but didn’t see one.
Thanks for any insight!

Hi!

Any update on this? It would be extremely helpful to have this feature. Id rather not use external tools to do this.

thanks!

Hey @eskufca and @Larryr20, thanks for your comments! I can definitely understand how helpful it would be to have the formula in the pivot table. At the moment we don’t have a specific ETA for this feature. It may be helpful to use monday.com apps in the meantime.

I would also recommend writing to support@monday.com if you’re looking for support with your workflows!

Hey,
is there an update on this topic? I really like the idea of the pivot board but non of my use cases work with it because formula is not supported or the way the sum function rounds up hours from time tracking.

Hi @REG_Philip :wave:

I’m afraid we still have no ETA on adding Formula support for the Pivot table. I’m sorry we’ve not able to provide more details here - I know this has been an open request for a while, so I do apologise for this.
I would second @TRB-monday.com’s suggestion of checking out our Apps Marketplace for alternative options: https://monday.com/marketplace

Looking at our roadmaps I don’t currently see any specific updates related to this, but our development schedules and releases are highly subject to change.

I can definitely appreciate how this would be a useful addition to the platform for yourself, and I’m sure for other teams too, so I would highly recommend opening a thread in our Feature Request section in the meantime.

Here other users who would also like this added to the platform will be able to upvote the feature, which will help our development team to better understand the demand for this feature and help us to prioritise our release schedules accordingly.
You can find this here: Submit an Idea - monday Community Forum

Best,
Dani

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.