I'm confused by the overlap of Monday Work Management + other Work OS Products features

Hi all, I am a Monday Work Management user. I have briefly dabbled with a free trial of Sales CRM but don’t know much about this product.
I am seeking clarification on behalf of my clients re what seems like an overlap/grey area when it comes to the features included with Work Management and those included with other Work OS Products.

I get that you have to have a Work Management Plan in order to use any Work OS product like Monday Sales CRM. And I know that you can have a different number of seats in each but they must be on the same pricing tier (eg Pro).

But what I have always been confused about is this;

Say I am looking at signing up for Monday Work Management and Monday Sales CRM at the Pro Plan level.

The Work Management Pro Plan features list 25,000 Automation & Integration actions per month. The Sales CRM Pro Plan lists exactly the same number.
Does this mean that I get up to 25,000 actions per month for all Automations within my Work Management Plan and on top of that I get another 25,000 actions per month for all Automations per month within my Sales CRM plan?

I’m just using this as an example to figure out if the features/limits listed on the Sales CRM Pricing Page are actually features specific to Monday Sales CRM and therefore are additional to the features included in Work Management or whether in fact many of the features listed on the Sales CRM pricing page are actually Work Management features.

Hopefully this makes sense and somebody can offer some insight… And hopefully Monday makes it’s pricing pages/structure clearer because I think there is a whole lot of grey out there…

cheers,
Patrick

4 Likes

Hey Patrick,

We appreciate your feedback regarding the pricing page - our goal is to ensure that features and pricing associated with each plan and product is as a clear as possible, so we will certainly share this with our internal team :pray:

In regard to distinguishing features between Work management and the sales CRM product, you might find this article quite useful in understanding the unique add-on features specific to the sales CRM product. I am happy to post the content in my response below for other community members that might be in the same position.

To break it down, the following are features only available on the sales CRM product:

• CRM item page
  • Deal Stages Widget
  • Funnel Chart
  • Shared templates on Emails & Activities
  • Shared email inbox
  • Batch emails
  • Mobile CRM experience
  • Leaderboard widget

As for those core features in your Pro Work Management plan that match the core features in the Pro sales CRM product, this doesn’t mean you get double of these features - i.e. 50k actions across both Work Management and sales CRM - you’d just receive the 25k actions as they’re apart of the core features within the Pro plan, and are not unique add-ons offered in the product - this goes for all features within the Pro work management plan and Pro sales CRM product. Does this make sense? :pray:

1 Like

Hi Bianca! Can Sales CRM work with current Monday.com Work OS Boards?

Hey @Rach12!

If you have existing boards in your core Work OS plan, you should be able to move these boards between products - i.e. to your sales CRM product.

Does this answer your question? :pray:

But once you move it, then only people who are part of monday sale CRM add-in can view it or work out of it.

1 Like

This is correct @Rach12 - only those users part of the sales CRM product will be able to access it and the associated CRM features.

Hey Bianca. We are using monday work management and are now looking into the possibility of also getting monday CRM. I am therefore wondering about:

• Does monday CRM have all the same user types as in work management (members and viewers)?
  • As you explained above, it is possible to move boards between products, but is it possible to mirror columns from a board in CRM to a board in work management?
  • Is it possible to set up automations like: ‘when an item is created in a monday CRM board, create and item (and sync all future changes) to a monday work management board?

Hey Stian!

Happy to help with your questions!

• Yes, monday sales CRM does have the same user types as Work Management!

• You are able to mirror columns across products, as long as you have access both products!

• It is possible to set up this type of automation, however, similar to the above point, you’d need to have access to the specific products in order to create automations that involve the product.

Let me know if this helps or if you require further clarification :slight_smile:

1 Like

Emphasizing the restricted access after relocation. The statement highlights the exclusivity, noting that only members of the Monday Sale CRM add-in can view or collaborate within the specified space.

This is very helpful, thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I read a lot about the unique features found only in Sales CRM, but I’d really like to know what features only exist in Work Management.

I’ve started setting up our company in Sales CRM, and I’m curious if there’s any reason for me to move to Work Management to set up project and work management, or if I should just keep it all in the CRM product. It appears that I can do everything in Sales CRM that I could do in Work Management, but I don’t know what I don’t know.

Thanks!

I found this information, maybe it is helpful: https://monday.com/blog/crm-and-sales/monday-sales-crm-vs-monday-work-management/

Thanks @Rach12 , but once again, this article mentions the special features that CRM has, but does NOT mention any features that are only in Work Management.

So again, my assumption is that there is no reason to use work management at all if you have the CRM, but I’m very curious to know if this is true or not.

If I build ALL of my systems in CRM, is there anything I would be missing or any features that would be better or easier in Work Management?

2 Likes