Link Form Submission to Client Contact

Howdy.
I have a few forms I use to gather client measurments for custom garments. I’m wondering if there is a way to automatically link the form submission to the client contact using the email or other unique identifier?

I.e. I measure client for a shirt enter their Name, email, and measurements into the Shirt Measurement Form, once submitted, the matching email to their contact in my CRM links the form via a connected board cell automatically for that form submission.

I have this setup to happen manually, but the whole point of implementing Monday is to automate and simplify our record keeping processes, so I would like this to be automatic.

Hey,

You can do this using the Match automation.

Simply have a Text Column in your form asking for the Email.

Once the form is submitted, in the Board for the form, create a pre made Match automation (you find it by searching for „Match“ in automations).

Then select to Match the newly created item using the text column with the Email, and to populate the connect boards column of the current Board.

Hello kynect@GJS_Suits,

Automating the process of linking form submissions to client contacts in your CRM can indeed streamline your workflow and save valuable time. To achieve this, you can use automation tools that connect your forms to your CRM system. One such tool is Zapier, which allows you to create automated workflows, known as Zaps.

Here’s a simplified version of how you can set it up.

If you don’t already have one, sign up for a Zapier account.
In your Zapier dashboard, click on the “Create Zap” button.
Choose the platform you use for forms (like Typeform, Google Forms, etc.) as your trigger app. Then, select the event that corresponds to a new form submission.
For the action part, select your CRM platform (like Salesforce, HubSpot, etc.) and choose the event to create or update a contact.
You’ll need to map the email field from the form submission to the email field in your CRM. This way, Zapier will search for a matching email in your CRM and link the form submission to the corresponding contact.
Run a test to ensure everything is working correctly, then activate the Zap.
With this setup, whenever a client fills out a measurement form, their details will be automatically linked to their contact record in your CRM, provided their email or unique identifier matches.

Remember to check the compatibility of your specific form and CRM platforms with Zapier, and consider any privacy implications when automating the handling of personal data.

I hope this helps you.

Best Regards,
kynect

Hi Shayan!
Thanks for the info! So I tried this, with a few variations, and none of them seem to work automatically. I currently have the automation setup on a measurement form board, and I added both a “customer ID” column to both my contact board and the jacket measurement board. Based on my understanding, when a new measurement form is submitted, it should look at the Customer ID and automatically link it to the contact with the matching customer ID. I can click in the column and manually match the contact, but it is not happening automatically. Any insight?

Hey @GJS_Suits - since this is data based on form input, all the columns are populated at the same time as part of the initial insert, and will not trigger a “change” to the column. You will need to use the below matching automation instead:

Hope this helps,
Mark

1 Like

This is great info! It worked! Now the question is how do I get the reverse to happen automatically? When a new measurement form is submitted, I want it to automatically populate on that contact in the CRM

Great! You would want to use Mirror columns on your Contact board to mirror the required data points from the measurement form. If you want local columns populated rather than mirroring data from the form, you would need to look into a simple make.com scenario or 3rd party apps in the marketplace.

Thanks
Mark

Have you setup a Two Way connection between the Contacts and the Submissions board?

If so, it should happen automatically:

You create the Match automation in your Submissions Board.

Whenever a submission is received it associates the Submission with the Contact.

When the connect Boards column has a two way connection, it will automatically have a connection in the contacts board to the submission, and in the submissions board to the contact.

You create a two way link by checking the two way link box when creating a connect boards column.

ok wow you guys & gals are awesome! One last question.
Obviously people change weight over time and we have to do new measurements from time to time, I see how on the automation that pulls the contact to the measurement form can be set to overwrite, but that works in the wrong direction. The connected board column is now set to two way, which works great, but when we get a new measurement it adds the new measurement to the same column. Now this can easily be manually updated by clicking the X on the old measurement form link, but it would be great to automate this to avoid oversights and errors.