Lock views

Did anybody get a response or work around to this yet?

1 Like

I agree. Another huge missing feature that is a big source of frustration. There are times that not everyone should be able to see every view, and I should be able to set that as the board owner.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, no, not yet.

3 Likes

I hope this comes to live soon. It will be fantastic to have it! It will solve many problems!

2 Likes

I created a solution for those using Chrome, though Firefox browser could do the same.

Hoping the team will implement something like this in an official manner.

They could also make it dynamic, based on user-role (Workspace Owner, Admin, People, Users)!

FYI: The same solution would work towards hiding filters from users but require additional and different code to target that class.

1 Like

YES! We have many columns on our main boards that are there purely for admin purposes. For example:
* date columns that are there simply to feed into a formula that displays the preferred format
* columns needed for automations but not for display
* columns needed for dashboards but not for display
Although we have other views set as the default, the title “Main Table” leads our users to believe this is the main/more complete view they should look at which leads to unnecessary confusion. We desperately need to be able to hide the main board!

1 Like

I really would like to see this feature implemented.

2 Likes

Is there any updates on this? Who is controling this and when can something like this be implemented?

1 Like

Hi, Jason. I added the extension, but where do I put the CSS script you shared?

1 Like

Jason, I figured out to do what you recommened and it worked perfectly. Thank you for sharing this workaround!!

This would be a very useful feature, along with the ability to re-order the tabs for the various board views as desired.

1 Like

Serious flaw here. Please Monday.com resolve this. If I click the notification for a new item it opens one view, if I go to the board first then open the item I see something different.

I see different fields depending on which device I am on, and how I navigate to the overview area.

This is a critical user experience flaw that has paused implementation of Monday.com for my business.

1 Like

Add me to the growing list of people who would appreciate this feature!

1 Like

Is there an update on this? We really need this feature.

3 Likes

This would be incredibly helpful! Even as simple as a hide main table from members vs. Board Owners would be great!

1 Like

Count me in here!! Would be very helpful. Also @monday while you’re at this can you work on the filtering “save to this view” and not allow any user to just switch up filters that are set. It should be an admin permission only to “save to this view” for everyone.

4 Likes

Hello everyone who participated in this thread or are watchers, don’t forget tpo click the “vote” button at the top of the thread to show this is a priority for you! I just did, didn’t know Monday was cleaning up their community board so added my vote to this one as well.

2 Likes

this is pretty crazy. 1) no ability to move or hide a master column that has a ton of columns that aren’t useful to anyone except the admins who built the board. Inability to reorder views means we cant even drag it to the end - crazy crazy crazy

1 Like

please implement this function, that would be a milestone.

My team has discussed this same feature! It would be so helpful!