Mirror Column different Access

SO frustrating to not have this fixed! Since we have client boards and need all of that data to funnel into our team boards for doing the work, clients cannot see the status updates, or any other information that is mirrored on their client boards.

Especially since you can simply “hide” that column from someone on a sharable board. Seems like this is a pretty easy thing for them to adjust.

Will Monday ever get around to this fix?

1 Like

When can we expect this to be fixed? We have a board with sensitive information and trying to have another shared board to show only specific slices of info to outside vendors. We need the ability for them to see data on mirror columns without access to the higher-level board. (mirror columns would be much more useful to us than using automations to duplicate the data to new columns, as some of the data is constantly subject to change).

Thanks for getting on this!

Hi all, having the same issue: all of our day-to-day happens within our main board but we need to share certain columns with guests on a separate board set up with mirrored columns. This would be extremely helpful!

This thread is already so old and I don’t seem to have found a solution to it yet? or is there one?

Hello @Jazzmin !

One way to do this is by using the restrict view option that columns have. Let’s assume you have Board A with sensitive information, and Board B where some of the data from Board A needs to be mirrored.

By having a public/shareable board A with all columns having their views restricted except the ones needed on board B, you can solve this problem.

On the Enterprise Plan, there is also an additional level of security where you can restrict people to see only items they are assigned to.

Hope this helps!

Giannis, Implementation Consultant at thespelas.com

Thank you for your quick reply. Both are not really an option unfortunately. We have for example one board DATA, where we have stored all the contacts from our clients and then we have a board SERVICE, in which we want to share information with partner companies, that need to do work in locations. In order to not copy down the addresses and contact informations of everything I want to connect the boards, so that I only have to select the address of the client. In order for our partner companies to see the address as well, I need to give them permission to see our DATA board, which would mean, that every partner company has access to the contact details of all of our clients.

We also cannot do the enterprise plan, as we are only a relatively small company and cannot have a more expansive plan at the moment.

Huge agree, this would be extremely helpful!!!

It’s so frustrating that this still not possible