Monday.com Form, Capturing Signature and putting in PDF

@tony_latino @fgebbia Nir from GetSign marketplace Here. I would love to learn about your Use case for Form and Sign PDF usecase and help you achieve your goal.

Mor info about GetSign Custom PDF Signing solution below

@Nir-Jetpack Just to clarify my understanding of GetSign, after making a form- in order to be able to sign the form we have to also create a template, link columns to the template, and additionally change the template and connected columns if the form/columns change?

Also, is there a way to ensure that the linked column items align well onto the template, or a way to add single select (ā€œstatusā€) columns or multiselect columns to a template?

Hi @BiancaT

Any update as to when this feature will.go into roadmap?

Hey @Maloner - transparently, no significant updates to share at this time. That said, Iā€™ve got my eye on the request that has been placed internally so will monitor and provide an update in the next fortnight. Thanks in advance for your patience with me :pray:

An update: This is a feature that team are hoping to tackle in Q3. Your patience and understanding is always appreciated.

2 Likes

This is possible using others software that we can connect it to like craftmyPDF or Documint.

If anyone wants help with that, Iā€™d be happy to support.

Hi! Sorry for the delayed response.
Yes you can use a form to fill in the inputs and then use our automation to trigger the eSign flow.
We are no improving the placeholder so it will be easier to drag and drop and align the inputs to the document content and added drop down and status support to our roadmap.

Hope this helps!

Something related that the development team should consider when printing a signature image to a PDF, is to include the user name and date/time of the applied signature directly below the image. This would help Monday.com support e-signature requirements regarding validity of signature images.

2 Likes

Great point Cody! I have shared your suggestion directly with our team :+1:

1 Like

I guess its been over a year since this topic was first submitted. Has there been any progress with supporting this feature?
I do wonder, if Monday.com provided the signature field, what was the functionality and reasoning behind it. Itā€™s like its halfway there but not really thought out as to what its purpose was required for? Iā€™m in the same boat. If I am asking for a signature, I would need that signature to be applied to a PDF version of the form.
The date and time stamp is a great touch too.

Hello team! Iā€™m new in the tool & forum, so that Iā€™m not sure if this is the proper way to follow the thread. Sorry if that is the case!

Iā€™m also interested in the signature type and the printout. I have seen that in the item card, the signature is displayed ā€œas a signatureā€ - but then when trying to print with ā€œright clickā€, Iā€™m getting an error message ā€œFailed to print board, please try againā€.

@BiancaT - Do you have any update on this topic? Is the item card the ā€œworkaround way to workā€, but Iā€™m using it wrongly?

Thanks in advance!

DocuGen has been a solid option to not only capture the signature in the PDF, but to generate the PDF in a file column.

You will have to set up a template, but it is fairly straight forward. They do not have the automation to automatically create the PDF when an item is created, so we set up a work around. We used the DocuGen automation, when status changes to ā€œxā€ create the PDF, and then add a Monday automation to set the status to ā€œxā€ when an item is created.

Hope this help!

Thanks Matt for your suggestion!

@BiancaT - is there any update from your side?

Any luck on being able to utilize the signatures we are capturing? Great feature to capture the signature, but unable to utlize renders this feature useless.

This signature box could open up many areas where we could use Monday.com when a signature is required to be compliant.

Hey everyone! Thanks again for your patience with me.

We aim to have this rolled out by end of Q1 :raised_hands: If anything changes I will update on this thread. Thanks again for always bearing with us! :pray:

3 Likes

Hi everyone!

Thereā€™s a way to capture the signature with a monday form and automatically create a PDF document by using the DocExport app.
You can even use a monday automation with the trigger ā€˜When item createdā€™ to generate the file automatically after form submission and save it to a file column.

The placeholder needed in the template is {{Image(100;0):Item.Signature}}

Hereā€™s a quick video tutorial of how to set it up. Itā€™s for the use case ā€˜Event Ticketā€™ but itā€™s the same logic for many other use cases like contracts, audit reports and so on:

cc @SarahHalo @AleK @Maloner @Mondae

@Terry0014 Did you try Capturing Signature and putting in PDF with GetSign. Let me know if you need any help with the setup.

Hi! Is there any update with this? Itā€™s really important for us to have this feature.

1 Like

Checking in for you Katie!

Update: Signatures are now supported in our new submission viewer app! This means you can download the signature via the app. Let me know if you run into any issues here :pray: