Verification for signatures in forms

The addition of signature fields in forms is a great addition to the platform. Good work Monday.com! As part of that, some industries require signature tools to collect some sort of verification of the user in order to validate the signer (e.g. entering login info or a pin of some kind). The image should then be stored along with the user and date that the signature was performed in order to later verify the “who/when”.

1 Like

Hey Cody!

Is this specifically for when the form is exported? To ensure that the signature is complimented with date-stamp and user name?

Actually it’s a bit different but definitely related.
This suggestion is regarding the execution of the signature rather than how it gets presented in an exported format. The idea being that you want the user to perform some level of verification of who they are and when a signature is actually being applied. An initial iteration of this would probably need to rely on the user being a monday.com user as a way to know who is signing since Monday can automatically track/stamp the user.
It gets tricky when the user information is unknown (i.e the form is public). It would need to send a code or something unique to that person’s email so they can verify themself as the signer.

1 Like

Ah yes I see what you mean here - I like this idea! I have converted this into a feature request so our community members can vote on this request, and get it on our developers priority list :raised_hands:

Yes, in Finland everything is done with strong identification through your bank with codes. If there were a way for EU users to add this kind of feature to verify signers, that could be great, but we also work with partners around the world who don’t use the same system so flexibility would be key. As in, you could add it as an option, but maybe have more than 1 system for such verification so people could choose the one appropriate for their local context.