Multi factor email automation

I will admit to being very much a neewb but I have searched and can’t seem to find an answer to what seems like a simple problem. :upside_down_face:

Currently, I have an “emails and activity” automation that sends a notification when an email is sent or arrives from a particular email to subscribers. My problem is there are multiple “items” or clients who have the same email as the contact we are tracking. So, when an email comes in it attaches it to multiple items and not just the one the email pertains to. Each item has a unique case number identifier. Can I somehow create an automation that will use an “and also has” using the identifying number which is in a column and also is put in the subject line of the email.

The current automation reads:

When a new email arrives from Dwelling adjuster email notify item subscribers with message.

The problem is that same adjuster is on multiple files. Is there a way to use the subject line of the email to tie it to the item? For instance-

When a new email arrives from “Dwelling Adjuster Email” with “claim number” in the subject line notify item subscribers with a message.

Claim number is currently a column in the board.

Thank you for any input. Have a blessed day!

Hey Peg,

Can I ask if you have the ability to filter by item specific activities or sent from this item as shown below?

Screen Shot 2024-04-02 at 4.36.48 pm

Whilst I am afraid it isn’t possible to further customise the emails and activities notifications at this time, I am wondering if a simple filter would help you view the specific email for that item? Let me know what you think!

I already have this filter on but the problem is that ALL adjusters use a central email and they are sorted to the appropriate claim via the claim number in the subject line. So when an email is sent to or comes in from that email address it attaches to every “item” with that carrier and therefore that email address. It basically renders this automation useless and makes it so that we cannot utilize the email feature from within the platform.

Thank you for the explanation Peg, I understand where you’re coming from here.

Can I ask if my explanation of a new feature on the attached thread, is along the lines of what you’re looking for?

From what I understand, you have the same email attached to every item and as such all emails are pulled into each item:

The filter I am referencing in the above thread allows users to filter threads specific to that item only. Meaning, if I have two items with the same email in the email column, using the “sent from this item” filter, I would be able to filter conversations that belong only to that item. That being said in order for this to work, you must respond to or initiate an email from within emails and activities.

Let me know!