Name Column

Please help before my computer flies out of my window.

I have my sign companies jobs listed in some boards that carry us through the job process from beginning to end. My first board “New Customer Requests” starts out the process.

The name column in all of my boards is the name of the company or in other words my customer requesting the job. Currently we have to manually type in the name of this company which opens up the chances of my employees spelling the names incorrectly, among other potential issues.

I have been trying to figure out a way to simply start typing the name of the company to search for them or have a drop-down with all my customers names in it but I can not get this sucker to work. I have a seperate board which has my customer data inside of it which the name column is the name of the customers I am looking for.

I understand I can connect the two boards and create a link that way but that does not allow me to have the 1st column in my “New Customer Request” board be my customers name without double entry. Please help this is slowly killing me!

Hey Corey! Have you thought about creating a very minimal board template with the company names set up in the Item Name column or as options in a Dropdown or Status Column? You could then just create every board in the job process from this same basic template so that you don’t have to retype the same information over and over again.

Here’s a guide to making your own template boards. I hope this is helpful!