Need start date for recurring tasks

It would be incredibly useful for Monday.com to have a launch date / start date for recurring items. For example, “every time period starting this date create an item”, such as “every 4 weeks starting September 14th, 2020 create the item Clean Dishwasher Filter”.

These are the issues I currently face without this feature:

1. Sometimes I set something to occur on a certain timeframe (e.g. once every 3 months) and it defaults to a set rotation (Jan, Apr, etc) rather than the schedule I intended (Feb, May, etc).

2. Every time I alter (or accidentally edit) a task it throws off the carefully curated schedule. This is made even more difficult because the automation previews do not show what the item is, and I need to click through several to find the one I’m looking for.

3. If I need to add in a new item, I need to add it in following its intended schedule. For example, if I have a task that only needs to happen twice a year, and the tasks is rotated among 4 team members, it cannot be fully set up for two years.

Please consider making this improvement!

20 posts were merged into an existing topic: Recurring/repeating tasks

15 votes have been moved. 9 votes could not be moved because their users already voted in the other topic.

Hi everyone,

To start, we’d like to sincerely apologise for the delay in responding to this thread! We are working on improving our responsiveness to the community, particularly our feature request process so appreciate your patience in advance!

On that note, as we pull together all the votes associated with this topic, we would love if you can redirect the votes on this thread, to the primary thread (most voted) here: Recurring/repeating tasks - #43 by JackNagy - - as we plan to close this smaller thread in an attempt to consolidate all votes, and better prioritise this feature request based upon the total amount of votes :pray:

Thank you!

Hi! We just wanted to let you know that your feature request has been successfully merged into the existing feature request Recurring/repeating tasks. By merging matching threads we are able to consolidate all the votes for better tracking and prioritization. It’s important to note that if you have voted on multiple threads under the same topic, only one vote will be taken in account. Thank you!