Recurring/repeating tasks

Hello

I am in great need of a “repeat feature”, so I can add “Repeat daily, weekly, monday or custom” to my various tasks. It’s an unbelievable amount of work to do everything manually.

Is this feature in the pipeline? A lot of other tools already have it, and it should be straightforward to create.

Hi @Boraghi! Have you had a chance to check out our recurring automations?

Thanks for reaching out!

You can use monday.com automations to create a new item or a group of items every week on certain days and at specified hours. You can find these automations in the automations store under the “Recurring Actions” category (and you can expect this category to keep growing!):

​​​​​​​

If you are looking to set-up a recurring automation using the first recipe in the image above, you could combine it with the following due date automation recipe to see when the item was created (by setting “some days” to 0, you’d see the exact creation date). :

To learn more about automations and how to add them to your boards, see here.

Alternatively, you can always make your own custom templates and work from them. For example, you can create a template board and then create a new board using the template. You can also create a template group on your board, and also duplicate that as needed. To learn more about templates, check this out:

Curious if this is what you were looking for! Cheers!

1 Like

@lauralev - what is the suggestion when the due date is different per group? Right now i’m not seeing a way to make a due date rule other than it affecting every new item on the board. I wish it could be every time a new item in “this group” is created update the “due date” + some days. Is there anything in the works for this? Or even better, every mon- wed - fri - duplicate this task…assign due date + 2 days upon creation of item. This would solve so many issues for us.

2 Likes

We have not yet made the jump to Monday, and recurring tasks is a simple but fundamental feature for us. The automation options are really cool, but as @weblifestores has mentioned, you can’t run different/more advanced rules or exceptions. The flexibility that Monday offers over Asana is what is attractive to us, but not being able to set recurrence at the individual task level seems strange. Any ETA on when some solution might ship?

1 Like

Hi,
my team and I have built a custom automation that can sounds like it would solve this issue.

Feel free to send me an email at renae@jtscloud.com if you’re interested in hearing more