Once an item is created, can you automatically be added as a watcher?

Does anyone have a workaround for this? I’m trying to be able to keep better tabs on what my team is all working on, and any updates. But since I’m not a watcher on them, I don’t get notified for anything.
I can’t find a way to automate it when the item is created, so I’m hoping someone else maybe has a workaround? Something that doesn’t involve having me assigned to it somewhere?

Can you create a column that is visibility restricted to just you, and create an automation to assign yourself to it on item creation?

The column doesn’t have to be visibility restricted, but then for your team they’d see you added to every item.

I guess that works - I was wondering if there was a way to do it without adding a column and adding myself. I feel like there should be a way to just add yourself as a watcher to tasks without being assigned to something.

Unfortunately, at least not via automation.

That said, if adding yourself to a column is an option, rather than an automation - make it an item column default value to add yourself. Don’t need to have automations for that to work.

Hi Sam,

There is an automation to add a team whenever a new item is created within a board.
If you group together the members who are supposed to be added as watchers and create a team, and then trigger this automation, you might have a solution there.

Happy to help.