One off email templates with variables

Hi guys, just trialling Monday.com and love it so far. I have set up one or two automated (gmail) emails with variables and have found out how to create email templates for non-automated emails. However, I can’t find any way to add variables to non-automated emails. Am I missing something? Or is this feature missing?
(I use Mixmax so can customise that way, but it seems strange to have access to variables in automated emails but not non-automated emails…).
Cheers, Patrick

Hi @patrickfallon - This feature is coming very soon! You will be able to use the column data dynamically inside of your CommuniHub templates, exactly as you need.

I know that exploring during your trial can be both exciting a bit overwhelming, as monday․com has a lot of powerful features. We offer a limited number of no-charge strategy sessions in the community each week if you would like to chat during your trial. You can book one here: Book a call with Polished Geek: Do more with monday․com

Next week is looking pretty full on our calendar though. So if you would like to connect sooner, please reach out to me personally at deb@polishedgeek.com.

Enjoy your monday adventures!

1 Like

Thanks! Just booked a free strategy session with you.

Cheers,
Patrick

Patrick Fallon
CHAT WITH ME
+6421737356
www.fallon.co.nz

1 Like

Great, looking forward to it @patrickfallon!

Hi both! I saw your chain and raised a query directly with the Monday team regarding timing, but they said this is not on the development plan. Patrick, did you find a resolution? I’m not keen on the gmail integration as I can’t cc.

Hi Tarryn, as I mentioned I use the free version of Mixmax (Chrome extension) that has email templates with variables so I can use that for email templates instead of Monday non-automated templates which don’t have variables. I just tested and you can CC with the Gmail integration so I’m not sure exactly what your CCing issue is?

Hi there - I can confirm that this is on the roadmap for monday development so not sure why they would mention that. As for timing, that’s always a bit hazy but my best guess is Q3/Q4 at this point.

Thanks,
Mark

2 Likes

Wonderful, thanks Mark - it’ll really help our Ops teams, even using the non-automated CommuniHub emails, but the piping of dynamic data will CERTAINLY reduce errors! :slight_smile:

Hey Patrick! Sorry, to clarify, my to: field will always come from the main email column, but my cc’s will change all the time and need to be manually managed (not via the integration automation), so I can’t do that with the gmail integration, I think! i.e. need as close to automated as possible, but not truly automated due to the nature of our work :slight_smile: I’ll check out Mixmax thank you.