Creating Custom email template to send when status Changes

Can someone please assist we are looking to send an automatic personalised email to our clients when an order is dispatched (status changes to something) - however I would like this email to be more graphically pleasing than the standard monday.com email and potentially sent from an outlook account

So my question is can I create a custom colour/font/text in this Automation, we want to include the information on the board like consignment note and courier so would be great if it was created in Monday but I would like to be able to make the look of the email fit with our branding ?

3 Likes

Hey @Sam1 - welcome to the monday.com community an extension of the monday.com family!

At this time the Email integration does not support HTML coding. We are hoping to add that function in the future!

Stay tuned.

1 Like

Hi there, has there been an update on this? Even just the ability to change the font?
Thanks, Kirsty

1 Like

No update - perhaps by the end of year we’ll have that support.

1 Like

I have seen so many threads on this topic. It’s one of the really big missing pieces of making monday.com truly a system for managing the whole business. Any updates on when this will happen? If we could really use monday.com to send personalised, automated emails (with attachments, graphics, dropdowns for recipients…), to customers, to prospects, to team members, beyond just the simple ‘notify’ notes that currently exist, it would make the system truly powerful.

4 Likes

@monday-team Any update on this!!! This would be HUGE for our workflow.

3 Likes

@monday-team another one for an update on this? I’ve just got monday and love the features but this is a must have for me unfortunately.

1 Like

@Mitchkv @WhitneyWells @AndyClayton

While still not natively supported within Monday, it can be setup with ease. You have a couple of options:

1. Integration through Integromat or Zapier. With this option you get the most flexibility but probably the most setup required. But with that, you get the ability to control the process from start to finish. This is the method I currently use to send all sorts of emails based off automations. If you have any questions on how this would work or look like, feel free to message me directly.

2. Apps - I’ve seen in another thread an app created by @upitchika if you want to reach out to him directly. That’s all I know on that option.

3. CommuniHub - This is a recent addition that allows you to send emails from the Update section of an item. Worth checking out although I’m not sure it will be the solution you are looking for.

2 Likes

Hi @Sam1

While it does not currently have a status trigger, I think the native CommuniHub App may be a solution for you. You can create templates and email directly from an update on monday.com

The email sent from this app looks more like a typical outlook or gmail email, rather than the monday notification email that you may be used to.

Check it out here!:

Hi, we just recently integrated CommuniHub to our Monday account in hopes of removing the need to be shifting from application to application (we use Outlook for emails). We love the fact you can send emails straight from Monday, however, when trying to create email templates, we can’t find a way to use our HTML templates. Not sure if there is a way to get this done… any suggestions?

2 Likes

@lingalligatorpools

I’m not sure the Communihub App supports importing your own HTML templates yet. Not sure if they plan on that or what an ETA would look like.

In the meantime, going the Integromat/Zapier route would allow full HTML customization though.

2 Likes

Thanks Andrew, we’ll check that out. It’d be great if CommuniHub added it, this way we can keep the app integrations at a minimum.

1 Like

@monday-team CommuniHub doesn’t offer the HTML sending that I’m looking for and Zapier doesn’t recognize the columns properly to allow for that integration.

Please update us when we may expect the update in integrations.

Has anyone seen an update to this question yet?

Have there been any developments with this at all? Looks to be a fairly common problem people are running into, including myself.

1 Like

It would be great to get an update about this. Customised HTLM emails would be a great way for us to engage with our clients directly from our Monday project boards. The ability to choose different templates based on the status change would be great too.

Thanks
N

1 Like

Any update on this feature?

This discussion has been going on for a couple of years now. @monday-team @monday-moderators Do you have an update as of Oct 2022 on where customized HTML email stands?

1 Like

The most important thing why I’ve chosen Monday is the email templates. And now I sadly recognized that okay, I can make templates, but can’t automate them. I would pay the twice of our plan if it will work.

1 Like

Hey all! We hear you on this, and have followed up internally with our developers as to where customised HTML email stands at this current time. We will follow up here once we hear back with more information. Thanks for your patience!

4 Likes