Organization Methods for Automate Area

In the section to add automations, there isn’t any way to move or rename automations, or create folders to group similar automations. Some boards of mine have 30+ automations set up, and it’s nearly impossible to find which one needs revisions.

My use case would be making an automation named “Step 1 - New Lead” which would contain several steps at once and allow me to sort the steps in order. Currently it’s a giant disorganized list of single steps because I can never find the existing automation for that step to add to when I decide to add other automations.

The other use case for folders would be to create an archive folder, or other useful groups of automations. I’m trying to set up an automated email process to send different emails based on different conditions, but they’re currently scattered in between other automations. Being able to make an “Automated Emails” folder to hold all the email automations named “Initial Email” or “Follow up Email #1” would make it much easier to update the content of the emails without having to look through a giant list.

If you use more complex automations, please reply and upvote this request. Tagging @lauralev for a prior reply on this in 2019. If others know which Monday staff are coordinating feedback on automations, please tag them as well in a reply.

Anyone who works with automations feels the pain of the current lack of organization capabilities once you get above a relatively small number. Automations are such a powerful part of the Monday platform but their use is severely hampered without the ability to work with them in an organized way. If you are trying to design a complex automated workflow, it becomes impossible to keep track and follow an iterative design and development process. Basic organization functionality is needed to allow the full potential for automations.

Requested organizational functions:

• Automation names
  • Groups / folders with names
  • Flag (e.g., with a development status)
  • Ability to manually position / order within a list
  • Filter by name / type / flag etc.

Here are the 5 other relevant topic threads:
Rearrange Automations in Board Automations View
Allow for naming of automation and integration
Reorder Automations
A More Robust Automation Noting/Add Description
Automation Organizational Groups

Some others who have posted support for this in the past: @mkingsland @alejencia @Krishele @JohnW @kswiss50 @NickNourishandSow

2 Likes

All of this would be a huge benefit!

Some of my boards have over 30 automations ; I’d like to be able to group them, as well as rename some. For example, I have 10 automations that create subitems, but I don’t know which automation is which subitem creation.

1 Like

In some of our boards, we have a large number of automations, making it challenging to locate the right one when needed. To streamline this process, it would be incredibly beneficial to have the option to organize the automation overview through sorting, creating folders for categorization, or perhaps even implementing a comprehensive Automation overview.

1 Like

It will be very useful if there will be an option to organize automations in folders. What I mean is that when a board has multiple automations such as we do (~30) it will be very helpful to be very helpful to organize them into folders with specific name instead of just writing a description (EX: status change automations, notifications folder etc.)

1 Like

I had the same thought! We are getting to have an incredible amount of automation per board, and its become way to confusing to have all in one big list. The ability to make folders and organize this would be AMAZING!

1 Like

@monday-team this would be fantastic. Additionally, the ability to organize Automations by dragging and dropping would be ideal. I’ve seen this in another thread, can we get this consolidated?
This would extend to Integrations as well.
@moderators @CXS @CSG

1 Like

I was going to request this, too.
We are currently numbering our automations and creating a separate list, but it’s been way too much work to maintain.
Really need some folders and drag-and-drop.
Even if it was a special “organize” view, that would be fine.

1 Like

Yes! This would be a fantastic feature. It would also be great to be able to hide/have a filter to weed out inactive automations.

1 Like

Almost a year later, I am also looking for this and wonder if it is in the works?

I would also like all the features mentioned above.

I make some complicated recipes with components that trigger other recipes, and it can be hard to keep track of which step I’m planning and creating (especially when it just shows as “formula” in the summary, for example). I’ve taken to planning them in a separate board so I can drag the steps around and get things in order before I start creating them.

1 Like

Yes, definitely need a way to organize these when you have a lot. Maybe this will be solved by the new workflow feature that is coming.