Programatically enable Integrations?

Hello All,

I am using the Monday SDK to create a board from a template. This is working correctly.

there are 5 automations on the template which copy across successfully and are active.

However, the integration which is intended to fire when a new item is created doenst get copied.

I cant see a way to automate this. Can you point out what I am doing wrong?

thanks in advance.

hi @eric.white.au

Welcome to the community. I don’t think you are doing anything wrong. Integrations do not carry over when duplicating from templates. There are all developments (like seamless authorization) that are a good step in the direction but still there is a difference between automations and integrations.

Maybe monday.com can shine some more light here.

Thanks for the welcome.

its a bit of a pain, as the integeration is a key function component to the template and is a process that will be repeated for each staff member.

It would be good to be a property of the integration replicate = true…

Or an option on the create_Board call.

Thanks for the confirmation anyway.

Have you tried to build a “workspace template” app? It is pretty simple, no coding skill required at all. I did not fully test it but it might carry over integrations from the boards inside the workspace.

Hey @eric.white.au and @basdebruin

I’m afraid at the time, this is the expected behavior of the platform as integrations do not duplicate when duplicating or creating boards from templates. I’m really sorry for the inconvenience.

This is something we are considering to adjust on our end, but i want to be transparent with you as I am not able to commit to an ETA or even a rough timeline just yet. I hope that makes sense.

-Alex

OK thanks Alex,

Will have to look into macro recorders, see if we can implement a key click solution.

Cheers. Merry christmas.

@AlexSavchuk Any plans for this?

Looking to make the Monday Apps Installation process as easy as possible for our users. Adding integrations automatically to the board would make the process multiplicatively better!

Looking forward to hearing your response.

Hi @mrautomation,

Ahh yes! So at this time, you are able to duplicate app recipes between boards (and workspace solutions), but only if the following criteria apply:

1. Only integrations that don’t require authentication will be duplicated. If the recipe is redirecting to a specific URL after clicking it, the integration will not be duplicated.
  2. When duplicating a solution for the integration, the user must have this app installed. For example, if I create a workspace solution with an app integration inside one of its boards, it’ll get duplicated only if the user has this app installed on his account too.

This might make it a bit easier?

-Helen

Hi Helen… Am I reading this correctly, that my duplication of boards mutation DOES NOT ‘add to the board’ automatically my Twilio and GMail Integrations.

If this is true, is there ANY way around this? It makes the automation really manual.

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Corey

Hi @corey.masson!

Ahh yes, so it depends on which integrations you’re using. I’m not sure about Twilio, but I just tested this out with Gmail, and while the recipe will copy over, you will need to retoggle the authorization for the recipe to turn it on.

I can definitely understand the manual effort involved here, but rest assured this is something our developers are working on improving! There are some difficulties regarding permissions and authorization that we still need to work through.

Thanks for your patience!