Programatically enable Integrations?

Hello All,

I am using the Monday SDK to create a board from a template. This is working correctly.

there are 5 automations on the template which copy across successfully and are active.

However, the integration which is intended to fire when a new item is created doenst get copied.

I cant see a way to automate this. Can you point out what I am doing wrong?

thanks in advance.

hi @eric.white.au

Welcome to the community. I donā€™t think you are doing anything wrong. Integrations do not carry over when duplicating from templates. There are all developments (like seamless authorization) that are a good step in the direction but still there is a difference between automations and integrations.

Maybe monday.com can shine some more light here.

Thanks for the welcome.

its a bit of a pain, as the integeration is a key function component to the template and is a process that will be repeated for each staff member.

It would be good to be a property of the integration replicate = trueā€¦

Or an option on the create_Board call.

Thanks for the confirmation anyway.

Have you tried to build a ā€œworkspace templateā€ app? It is pretty simple, no coding skill required at all. I did not fully test it but it might carry over integrations from the boards inside the workspace.

Hey @eric.white.au and @basdebruin

Iā€™m afraid at the time, this is the expected behavior of the platform as integrations do not duplicate when duplicating or creating boards from templates. Iā€™m really sorry for the inconvenience.

This is something we are considering to adjust on our end, but i want to be transparent with you as I am not able to commit to an ETA or even a rough timeline just yet. I hope that makes sense.

-Alex

OK thanks Alex,

Will have to look into macro recorders, see if we can implement a key click solution.

Cheers. Merry christmas.

@AlexSavchuk Any plans for this?

Looking to make the Monday Apps Installation process as easy as possible for our users. Adding integrations automatically to the board would make the process multiplicatively better!

Looking forward to hearing your response.

Hi @mrautomation,

Ahh yes! So at this time, you are able to duplicate app recipes between boards (and workspace solutions), but only if the following criteria apply:

1. Only integrations that donā€™t require authentication will be duplicated. If the recipe is redirecting to a specific URL after clicking it, the integration will not be duplicated.
  2. When duplicating a solution for the integration, the user must have this app installed. For example, if I create a workspace solution with an app integration inside one of its boards, itā€™ll get duplicated only if the user has this app installed on his account too.

This might make it a bit easier?

-Helen

Hi Helenā€¦ Am I reading this correctly, that my duplication of boards mutation DOES NOT ā€˜add to the boardā€™ automatically my Twilio and GMail Integrations.

If this is true, is there ANY way around this? It makes the automation really manual.

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Corey

Hi @corey.masson!

Ahh yes, so it depends on which integrations youā€™re using. Iā€™m not sure about Twilio, but I just tested this out with Gmail, and while the recipe will copy over, you will need to retoggle the authorization for the recipe to turn it on.

I can definitely understand the manual effort involved here, but rest assured this is something our developers are working on improving! There are some difficulties regarding permissions and authorization that we still need to work through.

Thanks for your patience!

Hey, has there been any updates been since this was last discussed.

I am specifically looking to automatically copy and enable the webbooks feature as all traffic is running on the same webbook. This would allow to enable me end-to-end board tracking without having to enable the webhooks manually

Can you please let me know if this is possible.

Hello @Mitch-Permutive and welcome to the community!

I hope you like it here :muscle:

I do not have an update on this since we still do not have an ETA to share. I will however, add your vote to this feature request :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers,
Matias

Can you please add my vote into this also? Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Helen,
Just to be on the safe side I am clear about it:
I have an App with 2 features:
-Integration
-Workspace template with one Board that is including/using the above Integration.

Clarificationā€™s:
1)
When user install my app , and create the workspace from the workspace template , the integration will be included in the Board from the Workspace template (Itā€™s not require any authentication) ?

1. This Board should be visible only to the Monday Administrator for configuration data purposes , that means the users will not have permissions to it, and that means that when integration is being called by the User , the Token sent in the request will not include permissions to see this Board , as the User that triggered the action do not have permissions, is that correct?

Thanks
Roi

Hello @Roi_kapah!

1. Yes. If your app has an integration feature and you have a board with a recipe from that integration feature, and you get that board into a workspace template, when your app is installed, the recipe will be in the board. Which authentication are you referring to?

2. Why would the board be visible only to admins? And how would a user with no permission to see the board, use the board with the recipe in it? I may be missing something here.

Hi Matias, thanks for your response , my answers to your questions bellow:

1. App Auth authentication , as I understand, if the app requires one, than recipes that included in the app -workspace -board will not be automatically exist when adding the board.
  2. The app is using a board to capture the app configuration, this is the board discussed above,
    it included in the app and should be available for the admin only.