QR Code Item tracking App

Hi there :wave:,

Skiply is a Monday.com customer for years, and we decided to start building Apps with the Monday App Challenge.

The QR Code ITem Tracking App answers to a need that we had internally in the factory.

You can follow an order or an asset just by scanning 2 codes. For instance, when the order arrives in the shipping zone, the worker scan the order QR Code, and then, he scan the QR code associate with the shipping zone. It can update a status column, or a text column, depending on the recipe.

Your worker spare time, because they do not need to have a working station or to connect directly to Monday.com in the workshop. And you spare money, because equivalent systems cost a lot (specific scanner linked to ERPs).

You need to register to a free Ubiqod account (see the doc).

We made a detailed documentation and presentation here: https://www.skiply.eu/en/monday-com-app-qr-code-item-tracking/

5 Likes

This looks very interesting.
What’s the pricing for this?

1 Like

Hi @nealb,
This one is free if you use the status column only (= if you use the codes of the Monday board view). The free tier also includes 10 “text codes” from our backend (If you want to update a text column with a free text). Send me a PM if you need more.

2 Likes

Heyooo @jeromeskiply :wave:

This is definitely an awesome app and I was very impressed seeing this released myself :slight_smile: Awesome tool that makes monday.com even more versatile and flexible for our users - I love the TON of extra value you’ve added with this one.

-Alex

1 Like

This technology has so much application, not only in manufacturing, but also transport and logistics, as well as service providers across a huge range of industries.

Well done in bringing this technology to market!

I’m sure that many here can benefit from this particular integration that you’ve made available to the monday.com platform.

1 Like

Hi there :wave:,
We implemented a couple of new features after listening to user’s feedback:

• You can now generate a direct QR Code Link to an item (that will open the item in the Mobile App for instance) like this: Generate a QR Code link to a Monday.com Item - YouTube
    This request was made by users who want to track orders in a factory or on construction sites. This feature doesn’t even request a Skiply account.
  • We add a new recipe that generates a tracking code when pressing a button (for status and test tracking)
  • We add the item a text at the bottom of the QR Code to avoid any confusion when printing it.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi,
@jeromeskiply
@AlexSavchuk
@snicho

Big thanks to Jerome from Skiply for their open mind, reactivity in order to find solution to our question initially ask to Monday team.
Using QR code printed on our construction drawing, we could find easy pulse on our mobile in order to update, upload document or photo, quality inspection report etc
It is very useful, specially when we are on construction site.
Many thanks!!!
Now we have to find a solution In order to print directly from monday sticker with QR code

2 Likes

We are exploring the possibility of adding this feature to our inventory management process. How many unique QR codes can be generated and used at one time? We have 2,500 items needing to be tracked at once.

1 Like

Sky is the limit. I sent you a private message.

@jeromeskiply have you guys programmed a way to massively print out the QR codes that have been generated by each new item/row?

We would like to implement the use of QR’s, however, we would like to find a fast way to print (with a thermal labeler) out a large number of QRs without too much manipulation. I know you can download a zip file with all the QRs from a group, however opening each png inside the zip file seems very tedious.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for this!

Hi @Yu1992
@gleurent had the same need. We solved it by providing the url of the tracking link instead of the qr code itself (dedicated recipe). Then, they export it to Excel, and the printer generates the code from the link. Alternatively, you can use an Excel plugin to generate the qr code.
I hope this helps.

1 Like

Hello @jeromeskiply !
Thanks for making this feature possible, it is amazingly helpful.

Curious if there is a way to update/upgrade the printable QR code to automatically include other fields from the pulse. It’s helpful that the pulse name is below the code, but if it were possible to include other fields, say ‘product description’ or other descriptive features of the product, that would take it over the top. Is this possible?

Thanks again,
brian

Hi @briancowell :wave:
Thank you for your feedback. I’m very happy that you find it helpful!
Adding the ability to choose which column to print under the code is technically possible
 we just have to code it :grin:
We will add this one to the roadmap, but it may take time, as we received a lot of very good improvement suggestions like this one.
@Estelle for addition to the RM
Jerome

2 Likes

Thank you, @jeromeskiply
Appreciate the consideration to make a feature like this available! Looking forward to what the Skiply team continues to develop. :smile:
Cheers,
brian

2 Likes

Hi @jeromeskiply ! How can we get the URL of the tracking link as oppose to the QR in png format?
We think we have found a good way to make automatized labels but in order to make it work, we will need the qr in url format.

Is it option 2? From what I understand, itll generate both a QR in png format and a link, right? Will it have the same functionality as option 1 (when scanned, and then scan a qr generated by the board, it will update the status) ?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Yu1992 :wave:,
Yes, option 2 is the solution! Same functionality as option 1.
Two differences:

1. you have to click a button on the item to generate it (you must add a button column on the board).
  2. It cost one Ubiqod credit per operation. You still have 100 free credits per month.
1 Like

@jeromeskiply aweesome! we’ll try it out!!

1 Like

Proof of Presence when status changed by use of QR code I have been in contact with Skiply to determine options of proof of presence related to change in status of board items. Our mobile workers use various boards daily to manage the workflows of routine tasks. I needed a way to determine if the workers used the QR code generated for each line items to change the status of an item (proof of presence) or if they just accessed the board and changed the item manually. Skiply’s team advised that if the code was used to change an item, that the person that created the codes for the board (me) would show within the activity log as the person that changed the item status. Alternatively, if the worker accessed the board normally (not using the QR code) they would display in the activity log as the person that changed the item status. This is a poor mans way to implement proof of presence using the Skiply QR code integration within Monday. Anyone else building on this idea please tag me or reply. A big thank you to the Skiply Team!

Cheers,
Shane

2 Likes

Thanks @shammel for your feedback! This is a great motivation source for the team.

Version 1.1 is out! You can now generate the links automatically when an item is added. You can still use a button instead. Feedback welcome.

1 Like