QR Code Item tracking App

Hi there :wave:,

Skiply is a Monday.com customer for years, and we decided to start building Apps with the Monday App Challenge.

The QR Code ITem Tracking App answers to a need that we had internally in the factory.

You can follow an order or an asset just by scanning 2 codes. For instance, when the order arrives in the shipping zone, the worker scan the order QR Code, and then, he scan the QR code associate with the shipping zone. It can update a status column, or a text column, depending on the recipe.

Your worker spare time, because they do not need to have a working station or to connect directly to Monday.com in the workshop. And you spare money, because equivalent systems cost a lot (specific scanner linked to ERPs).

You need to register to a free Ubiqod account (see the doc).

We made a detailed documentation and presentation here: https://www.skiply.eu/en/monday-com-app-qr-code-item-tracking/

3 Likes

This looks very interesting.
What’s the pricing for this?

1 Like

Hi @nealb,
This one is free if you use the status column only (= if you use the codes of the Monday board view). The free tier also includes 10 “text codes” from our backend (If you want to update a text column with a free text). Send me a PM if you need more.

2 Likes

Heyooo @jeromeskiply :wave:

This is definitely an awesome app and I was very impressed seeing this released myself :slight_smile: Awesome tool that makes monday.com even more versatile and flexible for our users - I love the TON of extra value you’ve added with this one.

-Alex

1 Like

This technology has so much application, not only in manufacturing, but also transport and logistics, as well as service providers across a huge range of industries.

Well done in bringing this technology to market!

I’m sure that many here can benefit from this particular integration that you’ve made available to the monday.com platform.

1 Like

Hi there :wave:,
We implemented a couple of new features after listening to user’s feedback:

• You can now generate a direct QR Code Link to an item (that will open the item in the Mobile App for instance) like this: https://youtu.be/fvCM7Bu9ioQ
    This request was made by users who want to track orders in a factory or on construction sites. This feature doesn’t even request a Skiply account.
  • We add a new recipe that generates a tracking code when pressing a button (for status and test tracking)
  • We add the item a text at the bottom of the QR Code to avoid any confusion when printing it.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi,
@jeromeskiply
@AlexSavchuk
@snicho

Big thanks to Jerome from Skiply for their open mind, reactivity in order to find solution to our question initially ask to Monday team.
Using QR code printed on our construction drawing, we could find easy pulse on our mobile in order to update, upload document or photo, quality inspection report etc…It is very useful, specially when we are on construction site.
Many thanks!!!
Now we have to find a solution In order to print directly from monday sticker with QR code…

1 Like