QR Code Item tracking App

Hi! @jeromeskiply , great app! is there an option to create subitems by scanning QR? we will use it for food bank and wandering if the option will be available?

1 Like

Hi @meytalPeleg,
Thank you!
Unfortunatly, for the moment you canā€™t use the App with subitems.
For technical reasons, I donā€™t think we will implement it soon. But I will let you know we change our plans.
Sorry for that

Hi @jeromeskiply, we have a lot of samples daily and we have to manually type them one by one onto our Monday.com. Can we create QR code for each SKU and monday.com will automatically save that data? The saved info must consist: (We can create a specific format in order to read the barcode into below?)

Style Name
Size
Sample Type
Date
Customer.

Thank you!! Very interested to know!

Hi @Natalie79,
It could be a real game changer for monday.com in production! But unfortunatly, our App is not suitable for that. We do the follow-up of the items, but we do not manage the creation of items based on QR code content.

Hi @Natalie79

General caster is more suited to your needs

2 Likes

Hi @jeromeskiply we are experimenting with skiply qr code inventory. We have it set up where we can scan a qr code and directly update the monday.com board. Is there a way to set up the qr code where we can have a different department in our company scan the qr code and request inventory from our warehouse inventory?

Hi @scottym,
This is not possible at the moment as it is.
But if the person scanning have a monday.com account, you can use this feature: Generate a QR Code link to a Monday.com Item - YouTube (free of charge)

Hi @jeromeskiply, I was looking into implementing QR codes into our WMS system and I wanted to start with optimizing and speeding up order fulfillment process. I saw thereā€™s a feature to scan QR code to update pulse status. I donā€™t want to generate tracking code, but just have a set of QR codes to update the status. Is there an option to do just that without utilizing Ubiqod credits? Thanks

Hi @dmitry_bzns!

I will be happy to help. Can you explain the process you would like to implement, Iā€™m not sure to understand.

Hey @jeromeskiply thanks for a reply.

We use Monday to track order fulfilment stages from picking ā†’ packing - > Shipping. Each status sends the update to Shopifyā€™s customer account and there they can see what stage the order is in.

When fulfillment person scans the packing slip inside Mondayā€™s search bar it brings the order. Then they have to use mouse to hover over the pulse tab and click to change the status.

I want them to scan the QR code instead of the mouse click to streamline the picking/packing flow.

So I was thinking if we could use something like a hotkey QR code that would be assigned to the certain pulse and by scanning it would update the status.

*** I just realized that when we scan packing slip it only searches the order, but not actually opening it as a separate window, so Monday wouldnā€™t know what item to updateā€¦ In that case we would need to use item tracking QR codeā€¦Am I right?

Yes, you are right, you need our App :wink:

You can contact me in DM to discuss credit prices depending on the volume.

You have 100 free codes / month.

Hi @jeromeskiply
Do you have an update on this feature requested by @briancowell.
I would love to get it implemented in our workflow.

Hi @Vestec,
I donā€™t see it coming in the short term.
Sorry for that.

Very useful thread to read. Thanks all.

Has anyone found a solution for a good plug and play printer, that can just print the QR directly from Monday.com?

We donā€™t have a huge amount, maybe 20 at a time, so can easily click on the QR code on the board and press print.

The ideal would be to have that option direct from mobile or PC?? Hoping that someone else has already found a winning solution??

1 Like

I saw your post about the QR Code Item Tracking App and thought Iā€™d share my thoughts. I think itā€™s amazing that you can streamline your process with just a few QR code scans. And kudos to you for finding a solution that saves time and money!
Have you considered using Smart Engines SDK for your QR code scanning needs? Itā€™s a top-notch QR code scanning solution that could further enhance your app. Its fast and accurate scanning capabilities could make your process even smoother. Plus, its ability to integrate with various systems could be the perfect fit for your needs. Just something to consider!

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I have reached out to them and fingers crossed they can help.

Did yu find a solution to print a QR code sticker directly from monday.com? We are still trying to find the best solution. I have got one plug and play QR code printer which is OK but slightly too many clicks.

Hi @bobbylurve
@jeromeskiply develop possibility to export link with QR cod and we develop internally an apps in order to print our QR cod. We used excel export. It runs quite good.

2 Likes

dos someone know if we can still use these compony for QR cods in Monday or if their is a different QR cod option

Hello there @Mayer1 I can see 2 apps in our marketplace using QR codes:

ProofEasy and docQR.

You can check them out to see if they fit your needs!

Cheers,
Matias