Recipe help: create multiple items based on status?

I am trying to create an automation recipe that will create an item for each person on a certain team when the status of another item is set to “feedback needed.” This is so each person has a task in their My Week to let them know that they need to review a document and the tasks are separate so each person can mark their review as done when they’re finished. Any help would be appreciated! Including a way other than recipes to accomplish this.

Thank you!

Hi @caseyparnis, Casey,

The only way to create these kind of recipes is through the use of Integromat. I build these kind of recipes very often and am currently engaging with another monday power user (@PedroM) to setup a platform / webshop to automate the distribution of these kind of complex recipes.

I understand that you want to create a new items (one for each person mentioned in column when you change a certain to (e.g. feedback needed). This can be done by sending a webhook to Integromat and within Integromat find the people in the column and create an item where that person is assigned to. Do you want that in the same board and group?

Send me a PM if you are interested.

2 Likes

Hi @basdebruin, I’m sending you a PM!

Hi @basdebruin have you managed to build these kind of recipes in platform / webshop? If so I would be very interested to use them as I have the same requirement at the moment. Need to create a new item in a different board for each person in a people column.

Thank you
Bernard

Hi @bernardvanniekerk

The original posts dates back a while. In the mean time a lot has changed. With the introduction of the monday apps platform I build the integration in monday.com without the need for additional Integromat services and licenses.

Your idea “create an item for each person on a certain team” might be an interesting one, but to even start a development proces we need to agree on what triggers this. Most common in monday.com is a status change, but I have to say that i snot my favorite. A status is to display a status and not to trigger an action. One of the issues with a status change is “What if the status change back to something else”… do you want to delete the items? A more obvious choice for a trigger (in my opinion) is a button. In that case you would have a recipe like:

when this button is clicked, create an item with this name for each person in this team

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi @basdebruin, ok, so I had a go at the apps part of monday.com and played with the integration and recipes. (My JavaScript is 0/10 and monday skills 2/10). Anyway, you are 100% spot on with the button approach and “when this button is clicked, create an item with this name for each person in *this team” recipe.

:thinking: I can’t be the first to need this and it might be quite a common need, is there no existing iteration based automation?

Thank you for your kind assistance thus far!

hi @bernardvanniekerk

I build apps that have the potential of wider use, so I can keep the price very modest. I will have a look at this one. When you say “this team”, is that a monday team in your account or just a people column with some persons in it. If you have a quick look at 28|Round Robin Assignments - Excellent Team you probably see what I mean. The other questions are:

• how do you want to name the item, is that always the same name
  • in which board do you want to add those items (current board?)
  • needs the items be assigned to the person (requires a people column to select)

I am not too sure how long it will take to build this one as I do have some other assignments. Normally it will take a few days or so.