Result of a Calculation pasted into a number column

Hi there … I need to write an automation based on the CHECK column in Monday. I want to send out different notifications based on if the check was turned on or off … I have managed to get the status of the check column using a calculation field (CHECK STATUS), and also a number indiction the status (0/1) using a calculation field (CHECK NUMBER) … I also have an empty NUMBERS column waiting to accept a value.

Now I need to make something like …

IF CHECK STATUS IS FALSE …(OR STATUS NUMBER IS 0) … (use what’s most appropriate) THEN PUT THE VALUE OF 0 INTO THE NUMBERS FIELD … ELSE PUT THE NUMBER OF 1 INTO THE NUMBERS FIELD …

I can’t make this work … Hope someone can help :slight_smile:
Kind regards Nils

@nmalexandersen

It’s unclear if you are talking about using a checkbox or a status to do what you want. Currently, checkboxes are still relatively unsupported in automations. Unless you are interested in creating a custom process using Make (or similar), I recommend that you use a status column.

With a status column, you can create a custom automation like this:

Jim - The Monday Man
:magic_wand: Column Magic :sparkles:- the magical columns toolbox app
We Create Custom Solutions - Your Make or Ours
What is Make & How can it help you with monday?

Hi Jim. I will explain a bit more in depth. If you put the Check column into an calculation you will get TRUE or FALSE, based on if ticked to not. I can also convert this into i.e. numbers using another calculation and an IF statement. So far so good …

And since I cannot use calculations in automations (at least yet) I need a way to move the result of the calculation into a text or number field … that I can use as a qualifier in an automation.

Hope this clarifies :slight_smile:
Kind regards Nils

@nmalexandersen

Thank you for the clarification.

My initial reply still applies.

If you are committed to sticking with an actual checkbox you will need an add on solution like, Make or monday app.

Jim - The Monday Man
:magic_wand: Column Magic :sparkles:- the magical columns toolbox app
We Create Custom Solutions - Your Make or Ours
What is Make & How can it help you with monday?