See connected items on both boards (after creating a one-way connect column instead of two-way)

Hey there,

I’m using several boards with a “connect boards” column.
Thing is, I set it up a long time ago as a One-way connection (meaning I can see on board A the connected items from board B, but I don’t see anything on board B).

My goal today is to also soo on board B the connection with items on board A.

Is there a way to “redo” this connection ?
Other that just creating a new two-way “connect boards” column and connecting them all manually.

Please let me know if I’m not being clear.

Exemple
This is my Board A with connected items + mirror column

Now I would love to see it the other way on Board B without redoing the connection

Hi @QDagault - sadly I dont believe there is a way to alter the column to a two-way after initially creating as a one-way.

Thanks,
Mark

Hi @mark.anley ,

This is what I feared indeed.

Hi @QDagault did you find a solution for this? I can not beleive that you can not change the set up of a column once it has been created. For me creating the new two-ways connected column and link all the information will take days.
After many struggles and inexplicable limitations, I think this is what will make me abandon the platform. This one makes no sense.

@QDagault @WilliamdR

A workaround is to create a new column (now with two-way connection!) and to duplicate the values with an automation scenario like this (done with make.com):

It will consume operations but is a one-shot option. For more complex migrations we build script to do it progammaticaly with Python using direclty Monday.com API.

Thanks for your suggestion! This war really helpful, I managed to execute a mass maintenance by Make.com with the limitation of the free tier.

But this shortage of Monday.com is still annonying, at the end of the day you need to check if the make.com ‘scenario’ did the right change.