Template file on Forms

Hi, i am looking at using a form to populate savings reports created by our Account managers. i need to capture the part number and quantities within this, but i am struggling to comprehend how i would use this in forms. I would love to have a excel template where the user could open the template on forms, the part number and quanitity columns prepopulated, and the user would update the 2 excel columns and then save. Is this possible, or having a excel type box on a form?

Hey Ricard!

Just to clarify, do you want the data to ultimately fill out a monday.com board via form or an Excel sheet that was a monday.com board exported to Excel? Sorry for my confusion here!

Regarding having part numbers and quantity columns pre-populated in a form, I would suggest using a dropdown column and adding these different data points as options in the dropdown column. Then, in your form, the user can select the part numbers and quantities in the dropdown column “question”.

To minimize the manual effort it takes to add in the numbers from your Excel form to your monday.com board’s dropdown column, you can highlight the list of data points in your Excel sheet, copy, and then paste into the dropdown column settings and they will populate as options to select from the dropdown. This would probably be the most streamlined way to have prepopulated answers.

Alternatively, you could import from Excel to monday.com the quantities and part numbers data you want to use as text or status columns and then changing the column type to a dropdown column.

Let me know if this would work for what you need or if I am misunderstanding!

Hi Charlotte,

Sorry if I didn’t make myself clear on this.

We are looking at utilising forms to create a Savings report board, which we can then report on. The one tricky point for me is I can’t find an easy way of capturing item codes and quantities, as there could be several items or just one, and capturing this on a question on the form is tricky. Examples below.

094242 10 x 12

094242 9 x 12

122345 x 30

121190 x 1

The first part of this (six digits and then can be followed by another couple of digits) is the part number, and the last part is the quantity. I am looking at making sure this is easy to capture to the team that will be receiving the information on the board, so I was thinking that if we could have a excel template attached to the form, similar to what I have attached, that would be perfect. We are looking to make sure its easy to fill out. If you can think of another way, please let me know.

image001.png

image002.png

image001.png

(Attachment Monday.com example.xlsx is missing)

Hi Charlotte,

Please see attached.

image001.png

image002.png

image001.png

Screenshot 2023-11-09 153359.jpg