Two-way connection for boards

Hi,
can a two-way connection be cancelled or activated after the column already exists?

Hey @Taigo! Just to clarify, are you referring to this functionality here?

If so, I am afraid you will still need to establish the 2-way connection when initially setting up the board. I am aware that this isn’t the most ideal process and will relay this with our team internally :pray: That said, I am happy to follow up with the relevant team as to whether there are any plans to improve this feature, and will circle back here once I’ve received a reply :slight_smile:

Hey @Taigo! I have recently heard from the developers who have confirmed that they’re considering making some changes to this feature as they have received much feedback about this. I can’t confirm an ETA, but it’s on their radar and I will keep you in the loop if I hear anything more!

1 Like

Any word on the status of this feature? I really like monday, but it lacks a couple of crucial features that make some things very painful to deal with - this is one of them.

For example, I created a link in our CRM between contacts and companies, (of which we have over 1000 contacts at the moment), but I made the crucial mistake of not checking the “make this a two-way connection” when I created it (this might also be due to the fact that sometimes the connect-board popup appears so close to the bottom of the screen that some of the interface is hidden), so now I’m forced to resort to this madness

manual-copy-paste

This is excruciating, especially considering I already had to do this initially when I first imported the data. I know there are some marketplace apps that remedy this a little, but it seems a little silly that monday doesn’t support this functionality considering how robust the platform is in most other respects.

Another acceptable workaround might be if we could copy multiple cell-values simultaneously - then I could do a simple blanket copy-paste of all values from the one column to the other. I hope something can be done to ease this process a little bit!

I know this post might sound overly-critical, I’m just dreading having to run through this manual linking process for the next 1-2 hour or so. On a more positive note, our team loves Monday and we’ll likely be using this platform for a good long time.

I hope this feature can be completed soon, thanks again!

2 Likes

Hi @vanceism7

I am not sure if this will solve your issue, but try using the “match” automation for this. You can create a temporary status column and update your new column that you are manually updating with the details from the “Companies” column by meeting a condition. Here are two examples…I think the first one is the one that couple work for you:

I hope you find this helpful!

Cheers,
Kelley