Two-way connection in connect boards column

Did I miss something? Are 2 way links now available? Don’t see any announcement about it and nothing in monday labs.

EDIT: Ah ha, found it! Awesome sauce.
Shared with CloudApp

4 Likes

Can anyone explain how this is useful? I’m trying to tie rows from one board back as sub items of a “parent” item on another board, but for the life of me, I can’t figure it out.

Thanks for any insight!

Where do I see this view? It doesn’t look like column settings.

Awesome!! This unblocks us on using this tool.

For those asking, this is an update to the current Link and Mirror functionality.

Example:

This allows bi-directional linking.
From Book:

From Author:

Mousing over multi-select shows the list:

Clicking allows to change:

Updating changes on both boards:

This is great. Thank you @monday team.

5 Likes

Thanks a lot for detailed overview!

tried it and it works great. BUT i can’t figure out how to implement this with existing link to item columns with a lot of mirrored columns. it this possible for existing implementations?

2 Likes

Same question here. We need to migrate lots of records to make it workm

Any news that you officials can share regarding this?

PLEASE…tell me if you were able to figure out a solution to implement the LTI and mirror columns for your Monday.com setup. We have the very same organizational tactics. Intake or “main board” with separate owner boards. We need bi-directional linkage because as owners mark their taks finished, our main board remains cluttered. I have automations to auto populate new items created in the main board to the respective owner boards. I cannot seem to wrap my head around HOW on earth to link ALL these many tasks between boards. Any advice? I would love to chat back and forth if you don’t mind.

2 Likes

This feature creates both link columns in the manner that I am searching for, but I do not see an automation that creates a link in both boards when the trigger is fulfilled.
What I am looking to do would be to have the automation say “When person is assigned create item in this board and link them in both boards”.
Is that an available option currently?

3 Likes

A work around to this feature would be an automation that says “when person is assigned link item in this board” ;
I only see link options available with creating an item. Please let me know if I have missed this feature.

Hey Maria, have you figured this out? Been searching for solutions and what you’ve written here is exactly what I need! Cheers

I think I have the same issue as Rachel. I’d like to use the automation “When status changes to something, create an item in another board and connect them in the selected board” (which btw is great!) but I can’t manage to create a two-way link…
It is also crucial to me that when the new item is created and moved it could inherit the messages of the original item. Most of the infos are stored there and such as it is now they get lost.

1 Like

Hi @edoaber - You have to have created the cross linking between your boards as a two way link from the beginning, when you added the Connect Boards columns. You can’t make them two-way later (with or without automations).

1 Like

Yes! But why? I could be so much useful…

Has this question been resolved? I have a connect boards column which is heavily populated with one-way links, and I need this to be changed to a connect boards column with a two-way connection.

I can’t see a way to change that on the settings. Or is there a workaround?

1 Like

Unfortunately, I ended up recreating and manually re-linking the board connections.

Has this feature been removed?? I’ve gone to connect boards and ticked “create a two-way connection” but it no longer creates a new column in the connected board.

2 Likes

Also having this issue.

Hey all!

Firstly, we sincerely apologise for the delay in updating you all. We are working on a process to improve our responsiveness, so really appreciate your patience and understanding in advance :pray:

As you may have come to realise, it is now possible to set up a two-way connection between items. You’re also able to set this two-way connection up using an automation by selecting both boards when configuring the specific recipe - example below:

At this time, for existing connect board columns, you are unable to set up the two-way sync without creating a new column, as it can only be set up when initially configuring the column. We understand this is a setback and have made this known to our product team :pray: