Mirror Column - Select Entire Board or Group

I’m happy to see that the new Mirror column solves some issues that I expressed in the past, but the one thing that’s keeping me from being able to use it is the fact that you have to explicitly choose every individual pulse from the other board in order to roll up something like budget or time.

Imagine a high/low-level board scenario, where the high-level board has a pulse-per-project, and there is a low-level board per project. You Link each respective board, then mirror & roll up the “Hours” column from the low level project board into a “Total Hours” column in the project pulse on the high-level board.

The issue here is that low-level boards are constantly changing. Employees have to add new tasks to them all the time, and it’s impossible and impractical to remember to go back into the high-level board and update the mirror column settings by selecting all of those new pulses, so the roll-up is accurate.

Feature Request: In addition to selecting individual pulses, can we please have “Entire Board” or “Group A”, “Group B” as selectable options in the mirror column settings? That way, we can add/remove tasks from the low-level board freely, and we know that the rollup is the sum of ALL of the tasks of interest, not just the ones that we remembered to select :wink:. This is especially dangerous if we’re using this roll-up to bill clients, where the total is at a high risk of being inaccurate all the time.

Related, time-roll-up isn’t actually possible, so this is a major, related limiting factor: Summarize Time from Mirrored Column

i support this 100%%%%%%%

4 Likes

Great idea, this is actually already possible in the dashboard but would be a great addition to boards as well.

2 Likes

Love it! Great idea.

YES…YES… and again … YES!
I have req this. I am working in 4 differens projects and would be sooo good for me to have everyhting in ONE board.

2 Likes

I really don’t understand how such simple spreadsheet functionality is missing on this platform. I was convinced to utilize this by an employee, but I’m having second (third, and fourth) thoughts on mobilizing to something else entirely. I’m unable to get high-level roll-ups without exporting all projects to excel and performing it myself. Simple things like summations utilized to calculate margins is child’s play and shouldn’t be difficult to add in.

6 Likes

This is perfect if I wanted to create a board that summarizes ALL of our boards.

I’d say the option to choose “Current Top Group” as the group of mirrored pulses would be amazing for my use case.

1 Like

This Is a must have ! Abu updates on this?

2 Likes

YES PLEASE!!! This would have saved me 4 hours today alone!

We cannot be selecting one by one pulses when this could save too much time.

Hello any Monday.com assistance here? Any updates? I think its time to make this features.

This post has 18 votes, remember with this feature you need to make another fixes as a combo, they are:

• Selecting entire group / board / subitems.
  • Enabling the mirror and rollup functions for multiple boards linked at the same time.
  • Enabling automations with mirror columns.
  • Enabling full mobile support to interact with mirrored columns.

Thanks.

5 Likes

What’s the update on this Monday.com?
It will be a serious improvement.

Select whole group or items that meet a condition like total value of all items that have status Sold.

It’s would work much like like vlookup or index match in excel but in a simple way.

This could really Bring the boards to another level.

I appreciate an update if this is being considered and when we could expect to see this if it is.

Let us know please. :grinning:

4 Likes

+1 on @nealb recent post.
We need this improved.

2 Likes

YES PLEAAAAASE :slight_smile: really-really much needed this one!

Mirror group ability would be fantastic

2 Likes

Hi @zlanich and others

I upvoted this request as there is a real need to link all items in an entire group to a mirror / link combi. I thought the multi board link would help, but currently a mirror is not supported on a multi board link (if there is more than 1 board linked). Needless to say that if it will be possible to link to all items in a group that it should “dynamic”, i.e when users adds / deletes items in that group in the detailed board it should be reflected in the mirror.

Because I really needed this I developed a monday apps with some features (recipes) that can be used on the detailed board to report back to a single master. The relationship between the detailed boards and the items in the master board is based on an “ID” that should be present in the detailed board title in brackets, like [PR-0001] and in the master there is a column that contains PR-0001.

With that I am reporting status, number and timeline columns form a give group in the detailed board to a single cell in the master. I am planning to extend this to Time Tracker column. If there are more columns you can think of, let me know. To put it in pictures:

More info can be found here Downloads Archive - Excellent Team

The development is still in progress, so if you have any thought to enhance this, let me know.

PS: all recipes currently have a trial period of 30 days, so you can try these in your own boards.

5 Likes

Absolutely yes!!! This would make the filtering down from a Master Board so much easier.

Crucial feature, this. If it is easier to implement it could also work with selecting all items on a board which has a particular tag.

Im wondering if there is any news
@Julia-monday.com @brett-monday.com @Oron-monday.com

It look like this is enabled as i can see some mirrored columns from different boards.
Looks like it was released. But its not official… and you cannot select by board/group
imagen

Mirror to multiple boards are not available yet.
Perhaps you see different items from the same board?

@danaaviv looks like not … but i was able to see mirrored info from many boards.

PS. And i want to keep it like that!!! :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: