When Status changes to DONE, Remove due date / date

Wanted to add my voice in here for a feature request. I have a very built-out recruitment board that many of us link with our calendars to track start dates of new-hires. When a candidate declines an offer, I would like to clear the start date so that it does not show up on our calendar. Custom automations seem to only allow me to set the date to today or push the date by x.

While I realize that this should ideally be handled by a native monday․com automation, for the moment your best bet if you need the functionality now is to use Integromat. Integromat isn’t only for connecting monday․com to other systems. You can use it as a mini-automation engine to enhance what monday․com can do. Send the data out to Integromat, do what you need to with it, then write back to the same item or other items.

~ Deb Cinkus
Product-certified Partner

:houses: Want to chat live with other monday․com fans & users?
Join our unofficial community chat on Discord: The Monday Neighborhood

1 Like

Yes please! We have non-recurring tasks setup with 2 dates: task date and final due date. Our task date is set in deadline mode and such is marked out when our status changes to Done. However, we cannot set our final due date to deadline or it will show up as a duplicate in My Week section and in Calendars. Would like to clear a date from a column once status is changed to X.

+1 It’s August 2021 and we’re still waiting! We need this more than ever!!

We’ve built a board to track Tax filings for our company with various reminders set to ensure that documents are being filed. Any time a task is set to 'Done" it would be incredibly helpful for the date to be removed so that they’re not then reminded of a task they’ve already completed - thanks!

1 Like

“When status changes, clear Column” would be a good universal solution that would fit many needs including this one.

Edit: Just got the info that this kind of automation should be released this year.

1 Like

Great to hear that this will be included in the base automations.

In the meantime, for those who are interested, here’s a quick video on how easy it is to use Integromat to do this.

Jim

1 Like

This is some truly awesome stuff, @JCorrell! Great job! Not only is this super helpful, it is also really well explained. You clearly know your monday/Integromat :blush:

Has this automation been released yet? We are looking to remove dates when a task is marked done as well. Thanks in advance!

Not yet. I’ll try and get some info from Monday next week for the "When status changes, clear Column” automation.

Sounds like it’s close. Another person banking on this feature.

Excellent Team created a small free app that can be used in any custom automation.

The installation link is monday.com: Where Teams Get Work Done

Waiting for this feature too. Any news?

hi @inesam

It’s there, see above announcement of the free app “Clear the Column”, it can be used with any trigger (like status change) in custom automations.

Hi basdebruin. Is this an app made by the Monday team? I see the warning “This app hasn’t been reviewed or approved by Monday”. Also, only admins can install it and I guess it would install it for everyone using Monday.
At my company there are security requirements for this type of thing so I would rather see an official feature improvement be released by Monday.

The app is created by Excellent Team, not monday.com. It runs as part of the monday.com apps framework.

Announcement for everyone if you havent seen it yet (may be for those of us who have enabled it in monday.labs) but there is a new automation action called “Clear Column”!

Snag_dbdcd4f

1 Like

Announcement for everyone if you havent seen it yet (may be for those of us who have enabled it in monday.labs) but there is a new automation action called “Clear Column”!

Huh??? I fdon’t see this in the automations center

It is a custom recipe.

2022-03-15_14-19-34

2 Likes

Here I thought I was a complete monday expert and you just blew my mind sir. Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

1 Like