When will Zapier work with API V2?

I use zapier but only integromat seems to work with V2 currently. I’ve done some testing and integromat allows me to do things I can’t with zapier, like search boards for pulses with certain column results. When will Zapier have the same level of functionality too? Just wondering if i can avoid needing an account with both Zapier and Integromat.

2 Likes

Hi @Jack :wave:

Thanks for reaching out - Scott here! :slight_smile:

While I’m unable to provide a specific ETA as to when API v2 will work with Zapier, I’m happy to let you know that this is something that we’re aiming to have available in the not-too-distant future :muscle:

Best,
Scott

Hey Scott, Appreciate you can’t commit but are we talking weeks, months or years? :slight_smile:

Hi @Jack,

With the disclaimer that I don’t know for certain and this very well might change without notice, my educated guesstimate is more along the “months” timeline :slight_smile:

Best,
Scott

1 Like

Hey @Scott-monday.com!

Could you also let me know when Zapier with work with API V2?

We use Zapier quite a bit for Monday stuff and would love to see what possibilities are available once the API V2 is supported there! Thanks!

This will be a pretty big update, so I’ll be sure that we properly announce it! :speaking_head:

I’m really looking forward to learning about how you all utilize it. I have no doubt y’all will come up with some amazing workflows once we release this update into the wild! :slight_smile:

@Scott-monday.com
Still extremely frustrated (borderline livid) on a daily basis that I have to write custom python code to interact with monday column data on zapier since it comes in as a giant unusable lump of text. It has been 6+ months. What is taking so long and how do you expect any new customers to retain beyond the trial period if the zapier integration is, for all intents and purposes, not functional?

Hey @jk193,

I hear you. We’re working on a new version of the Zapier integration but it is currently in review with the Zapier team. Drop us an email at support@monday.com and we’ll send you an invite to the alpha version so you can test it out :slight_smile:

@dipro I think I have an invite to the monday v2 zapier (both v2 1.0.1 and 1.1.0) but it seems like the trigger “new item on board” doesn’t pull in real data yet? See my recent comment on ticket 1080069 for screenshots of this issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! We’ll take a look.

The “new item on board” module will return the item ID but does not contain any column values just yet. We’ve added this as a request for our dev team as an improvement to the feature…

One of the biggest pain points with the v1 zapier integration is that column data for items is lumped into one object. So it seems pretty important to either include this data with all v2 triggers, or have a search step which can look up an item by id and provide all of the field names and values for future steps of a zap

1 Like