Workload Widget doesn't recognize mirrored People Columns

I wanted to make a specific project board for our project managers where they can assign people for specific items/tasks, and another High level board where the people, statuses and timelines would be compiled from all the project managers boards to calculate workload and have a overall overview.
Unfortunately, when a People Column is mirrored in another board, half of all the functions/widgets and charts don’t see it as a People Column (mainly and most importantly the Workload widget) …

Is there a plan to incorporate/change that and is there a workaround atm?

Thanks in Advance

Having the same problem. No matter which strategy I try, I can’t get a workload view of our 35 boards. Not directly (because Workload only supports 20 boards) and not indirectly (with mirrored items in a master board). Please fix.

1 Like

Hi @Nico @Choi if an add-on is an option, I suggest taking a look at the Analytics & Reports by Screenful that allows tracking workload across unlimited number of boards. Here’s a sample chart:

In the above example, the chart is grouped by Week, and the bar segment is Assignee. The chart shows how much work is allocated per week for each assignee. The leftmost bar is the current week. The bars to the right are the future weeks. You can learn more from this blog post.

Hi Sami

Thanks a lot for the hint! Unfortunately this is way too expensive for us. With our 35 boards we’d need the most expensive plan which costs the same as our entire monday subscription. So unfortunately this isn’t a solution for us.

At the moment I’m looking to switch entirely to ClickUp or Wrike because they offer Workload Views with unlimited data sources (and even are cheaper than Monday, although not as beautyful, sadly). It makes me sad that Monday doesn’t find a way to offer this in some way.

Cheers,
Nico

@Nico obviously it doesn’t make sense to pay more from on add-on than the Monday subscription. In some cases our pricing model is not ideal, for example if you’re a small company with lots of boards. In those cases we can come up with a discounted price.

Thank you for the kind offer! I’ll look into re-organizing our boards so we can fit everything in the 20 board limit imposed by Monday. But if I can’t find a suitable way, I’ll come back to you.

Best wishes,
Nico

+1 on this.
Workload view recognizes many mirrored columns from connected board such timeline or number (e.g estimated effort) but not the people one. Clumsy.