Add attachments to email integrations

Hi all,

Firstly, we are really sorry for the delay in responding to this thread! We are working on improving our responsiveness to the community (we promise!), particularly our feature request process so appreciate your patience in advance!

On that note, as we pull together all the votes associated with this topic, we would love if you can redirect the votes on this thread, to the primary thread (most voted) here: Add attachments to email integrations - #48 by Alex5 - as we plan to close this smaller thread in an attempt to consolidate all votes, and better prioritise this feature request based upon the total amount of votes :pray:

Thanks!

1 Like

Here’s the response I got from Monday.com

Amelia Orellana (monday.com)
Feb 7, 2023, 12:39 PM CST
Ahh, thank you so much for clarifying this for me, Marty!

I’d like to apologize for the delay in our response time, we’ve been receiving a higher volume of requests than usual and are just now able to get back to you but not to worry, I’m here and happy to help!

I understand that you’re looking to have files attached to emails that are logged in the update section of the item when the Outlook integration is triggered! While we realize how helpful this would be to your workflow, at the moment we do not support that functionality.

Please know that our product team is eager for this kind of feedback to include in their discussions for future improvements so we’ll be sure to share how we can improve the Outlook integration with them :blush: While we can’t offer an ETA for you at the moment, keep an eye out in the near future as we add new and exciting features to the platform!

Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime - I’m more than happy to help!

Best,
Amelia

+1
We’d really appreciate this functionality. Have hit a roadblock in one of our workflows because of it.

+1 This has absolutely got to be the most requested feature I have personally seen on the Monday.com community page. I cannot fathom how this has not been prioritized for work yet lol. Every single user of this platform is most likely going to run into this issue at some point or another, and only the ones savvy with other no code solutions and integrations will be able to find feasible workarounds. Please Monday, let this be a native feature so I can send my email attachments without having to give Guest access to random Vendors!

+1 to this! Would love to be able to share files as attachments via e-mail from a file column even when the recipient does not have a monday.com account.

Beyond that, would be helpful if the files column had the option to auto-populate with a template file when a new item is created. Feels too repetitive to attach a “doc” > “doc templates” and select the template every time when I know I’m using the same exact template for every row item created and just filling in specific project information.

This year we used Monday to send out our employee goals via email. The goals are in a document file, and so we figured that if we set up an email automation the file would attach itself as a document. What we found is that the document attached itself as a link.

This issue with this is that the employee wouldn’t be able to view the document without requesting access, whereas if it were an attachment, they would’ve been able to see the document.

We were able to problem solve this by using the dropbox attachment, which allows for the employee to simply view the document.

If possible it would be nice if Monday email automation was able to find a way to have the file attach rather than be a link!

Hey @ToriG
Have you managed to solve this issue? I’m facing it as well
Thx

I belive the dropbox solution I mentioned is the only way right now, I haven’t seen this solved yet.

It’s a pity.
Thank you for your response

Hey! Thank you for this feedback. We sincerely apologise for the delay in responding. Our team is working on improving our response process, so appreciate your understanding in advance :pray:

That being said, currently this is a setback that our team is aware of and hoping to address at some point in the future, although we are unable to provide a specific eta as of now. As an alternative, can I kindly ask if you had come across our emails and activities app which allows you to attach files directly from the files column?

Hi Bianca, yes I saw that as an option but then I’d need to attach the file to every new lead causing more work and then they also wouldn’t be able to see it if it is stored in Monday and they don’t have an account.

Please update this thread when this feature has been made!
Thank you!
Ashley

1 Like

This is a feature we would utilize to its full potential as well.
There are some other discussions with the same type of topic.

Most discussed:

1 Like

I second this opinion profoundly!

Please allow us to attach files from the File Column to emails!
Or if not a direct attached file, please allow us to have public links! Why can’t we set Public/Private links in the specific Column’s Settings?

1 Like

Thanks for submitting this request and thanks to all those that voted and commented.
I am excited to share that adding attachments to email integrations is on our on our roadmap! Over the next few quarters, the team will be working on improving the Email integrations, specifically with new workflow builder.

Read more about the feature status here and keep sharing your ideas with us. They help us when deciding what to features to work on next.

1 Like

That’s great news, thanks!

Hi Juliet.

Thanks for the feedback. Being such a basic yet critical part of the system this should be escalated from roadmap to priority.

If you are saying a few quarters are we saying realistically a year away?

Regards.

2 Likes

Is there are ETA on this?

2 Likes

I would love to know as well. Very anxiously waiting.

This is something that is desperately needed! Please make it a priority!

1 Like