Add attachments to email integrations

Up vote a million times! This is a much needed addition to Monday!

@AndyClayton - how do you change the attachment from a paperclip icon to a PDF file icon. The file attached looks like phishing email so I am afraid no one will open it.

We need this functionality as well!

Would love this feature too.

I have a concrete use case with this functionality. any ETA?

1 Like

does anyone have a link to the Monday roadmap showing this feature? we are eagerly awaiting this feature as well.

I created a bunch of automations to send emails with PDF’s clients can fill out. Unfortunately it looks like Monday does not allow this - you need to be a user of Monday. So if my team receives these emails, they can simply download the link. But everyone not in the team (a new client for example) the link takes them to monday.com to sign in. I do not want to have hundreds of guest accounts, I just want to be able to send PDF’s via an automated email. This would be an amazing feature if that could be added

1 Like

@Rob We stopped bothering with monday email automations for anything sent to clients. We use zapier to send the email with the gmail or outlook steps that is triggered by a change of status in Monday. If you use outlook in zapier, at the moment you can send only 1 attachement and with gmail as many as you want with a limit of 25mg total. So we created a personal gmail account with a redirect to our email address, and in the automation, we specify to reply to the desired email address. It works pretty well.

Thanks for the info! I will check this out this weekend and see if I can make that work for me!

@Cyrille This sounds like a great solution.

Are you using this for emails that have the same attachment going out time and time again?

What about if you need an attachment to go out that is unique to the recipient like a contract for example?

@Cyrille and @Jakesmonday I tried messing around with Zapier. I found it to be a little cumbersome and just extra steps for something that should be so simple haha - I really do not need another “app”. I instead decided to update the automation and simply link to a Dropbox link. All the attachments I need to send are typical (application forms, authorizations, info sheets, etc.) things I need my clients to fill out and return. So I created a Dropbox folder with all the documents I have, updated dropbox so anyone with the link can view/download but can not edit/delete and simply added the link to the automation. Would be nice to save my clients an extra step and just be able to add a PDF through Monday, but everything works perfect linking to Dropbox, now I can still automate these emails, and send PDF’s, it simply sends the URL to a dropbox folder where the files are. Tested it and all really seamless.

1 Like

@Jacques you can do both. We use it for the same file in all emails that is fetched from a google drive. But you could programm the zap to read a file from a monday column instead. Zapier has a large user forum like Monday. Hope that helps!

@SevenDayPermits Thanks for the feedback Rob. I also do this using google drive (with the folder open to anyone with the link)

It works and we currently use it for some of our workflows. That said the clients expect an attachment as this is the industry standard and ultimately thats where I am trying to go.

I will explore the option of firing of an email based on a file in a column.

Appreciate that option though and will keep it on hand as an alternative.

Cheers.

Thanks @Cyrille, that option to pull it from a column sounds like a solution.

Just another question, the emails you send out are they all templated emails or do you also use this when sending out a custom email to a client?

This is a serieus shortcoming, not able to automate workflows that involve our clients.

HAs this been implement and I can’t find it or has it been scratched?
It’s been many many quarters, I’m assuming it’s either one or the other

thanks

4 Likes

Whats the update here… seems like this hasnt been solved in 4!!! years so? Can we at least get an update

1 Like

I believe you can use the SuperMail App if you need attachments in automated E-Mails.

My biggest problem is that we cannot use file columns when using Bulk Emails with Emails and Activities.

Since I want the sent out E-Mails to be tracked in E&A

For our use case, we use Outlook. This integration works except that it doesn’t support file attachments. It would be nice to get an update with a more specific timeframe - even if it is a rough estimate.

A timeframe would be great! Especially since the offered work around of using the emails & activities app is now a paid feature.

1 Like