Column: Link to *any* pulse (not board-specific)

Guys, I continue to be frustrated by the fact that when it comes to linking to other areas of the dashboard, I have two very limiting choices:

1. Link to any pulse on one designated board
  2. Link to any URL

The problem with the latter is two-fold:
a. I prefer using the stand-alone app, and these links open my default web browser (I’ve already complained about this behavior)
b. Finding, copying, returning, and pasting the destination link is a hassle relative to using a search UI to locate a pulse

The problem with the former is… why are you confining the column to just a single board? I could see wanting to have such a feature, but it baffles me that you have made it the only option. Maybe I’m missing something, but it seems like there could be a “Link to Anything” column where the steps would be:

1. Click empty column cell
  2. Locate board manually or start typing in search (results include boards, groups and pulses in a sectioned list, or perhaps category buttons would appear organically)
  3. Click the desired pulse (or even a group/board? Why limit this choice?)

Done! Now I have super-quick, easily established access to anything in our entire installation via a simple shortcut. I truly don’t understand why this doesn’t already exist in Monday.

I support this request! Linking to any pulse on any board would be a great and time saving feature.

1 Like

This would make it much easier to manage agendas and action items for standing cross-functional meetings in monday. I would like to be able to link to the specific items being discussed from any board rather than duplicating them on the agenda board, and then as we list action items in the meeting, to add them to the appropriate departments’ boards for action and then link to the meeting board for followup on status.

The workaround, where there is one link column per board, is clunky and confusing.

Hi, @jsteiger - Welcome to the community! There is an option to link to multiple boards (but you do have to choose which boards, there is no “anything” option). Reach out to support to ask them to enable “Multi-board linking” in your Connect Boards columns for your account. Note that it does NOT yet support multi-mirroring, which is why it’s by request only.

I’ll check it out, thanks!