Proposals / Quotes

Are you generation Proposals / Quotes as part of your business workflow? Let’s talk!

Comment below and I’ll reach out.

Ron Kimhi from monday.com CRM team

3 Likes

I am. I use Monday as CRM and connect it to my custom app to build quotes/proposals. Much of the integration is through Integromat

1 Like

Quoting is a very large part of our workflow.

2 Likes

Always… it’s the main reason we have M.com

Curious, what’s there to talk about? It is an important part of our worlflow. We use Simplicate.nl for now and the do it pretty wel. Happy to talk

1 Like

Yes, we do. Please reach out

I use harvest to do digital shared estimates that the clients accepts, downloads a pdf, and generates a Po. I turn them into invoices in quickbooks… I would love to have this automated! Love to chat.

We do our quotes in quickbooks. Is anyone using anything like zapier or integromat to automate with Monday?

Yes, we do. Keen to hear what you might be planning on this @Ronk

we do, we use paint scout for quotes currently
would love to know what monday is planning

@Ronk can you please update us on this. Your announcement sounded promising, but I haven’t heard anything since.

2 Likes

Ron,

My name is Andrew from Venue Industries. My sales team uses Monday to track their proposals and quotes.

I’ve been looking into ways to generate PDFs within Monday.com via integrations to keep my team in Monday as much as possible. But none of them really work 100% how we want. Either they don’t offer the ability to pick the data we want, or the template building process is too complicated. I’m hoping that Monday is working on a way to generate documents from boards/items/subitems.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Andrew Almand
andrew@venueindustries.com

4 Likes

@turboroof @Knowa @JimBahr @Eltjo @abiciea @SameE @JameSamueLind @TheOtherPM @Chelle @andrewalmand Hi all here it is:

The app is located as an item view - once you enter the link below, you will notice an “add view” button on the top right of your updates items updates section - from there you can find the app and complete the installation. * You have to be an account admin in order to install the app to your account.

Link: monday.com: Where Teams Get Work Done

We can’t wait to hear your thoughts. Please share any feedback as soon as possible by replying thread or reach out directly here: ronki@monday.com

Hi @Ronk this looks good… from an inicial test i can give you some feedback now.

• Downloading to a PDF doesnt include the uploaded company logo image. (But Preview its showing properly the logo).
  • Possibility to set fixed text to another language. Ex. spanish.
  • Maybe you could choose the items from another board (or a linked board) with standard items to avoid type every quote´s item from scratch.
2 Likes

Hi Ronk,

Before I install this on our account I’d like a small preview. Could you please make a short video where you run through how it works?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi @Ronk I installed the app but then I don’t find it. Where should i find the app? In “Integrations”?

its under item view like this screenshot
so its really a view in a pulse but when you add it to an item in the board its added to all items in that board

Thanks for the explanation. I think the item view is a really good idea, here are my suggestions:

• items fields in the quote form should be linked to subitem columns. That’s how we organize our quotes in MDC (and get pdf trough Integromat +gdoc)
  • quote template should be editable (eg. we need italian language)
  • pdf output should be uploaded directly in a file column
  • monday logo at bottom should be avoided for pro users
2 Likes

Hi, I can see how this would be useful for many businesses, however we are a consultancy - our quotes are much more involved & don’t lend themselves to ‘itemizing’. Good luck!

image003.jpg

1 Like

Hi Ronk, just had the time to check it out really quick. If you look at it as an invoice, not a proposal it’s not bad at all. But I have to say that I am in the same situation as @JimBahr, we need to be able to elaborate far more in our proposals. I’ll be watching progression and new releases on this app for possible future usage. Thanks

1 Like