Share Board w/ Link - Can't view Subitems?

Hi there,

I have a board I want to share with an outside consultant. I don’t want to invite them as a Guest, but just share the board with a link. But it appears that when I share with the link that none of the sub-items show up.

How can I share a board and make sure someone can see all the sub-items?

6 Likes

Hey @rebekahpearson, good question!

There’s no way to share a board via link and have the subitems show up at the moment, as subitems are still in beta.

Does that help clarify? The other alternative for now would be to add the outside consultant as a guest to the board (which sounds like it might not be ideal for you) or screenshot the board and subitems and email it to the outside consultant.

1 Like

Thanks… we figured it must not be available at this time so we’ve found another solution to work around.

do we have any update on this? I don’t see it on the subitems roadmap

3 Likes

Hello,

Same question as other users, I design some boards using subitems and I have to share it with external teams and it’s not possible for us to redesign all tables, could you please let us know when it will be possible to see subitems on shared boards please?

Many thanks for your feedback and have a nice day.

1 Like

Hi Anyone from Monday can let us know if it will be possible and when exactly?

Thanks for your feedback.

1 Like

Hey @Julien78, welcome to the community and thanks so much for following up on this! It’s not on our roadmap at the moment, but I will certainly pass on your feedback to our team. I can see how useful such a feature would be when sharing items with external teams.

2 Likes

Hi @TRB-monday.com Many thanks for your feedback! It will be very useful for us many thanks for your help.

Have a nice day!

Hey @Julien78 of course! I can understand it would be really helpful, and hope you are having a nice holiday season!

1 Like

Hi Talia @TRB-monday.com, wish you the best for this new year, did you get any update about sub items visibilty?

Have a nice day.

1 Like

Hey @Julien78, hope you are doing well in the new year too! Apologies for the delay in response here.

I just checked with my team—we still don’t have an ETA for it, unfortunately (meaning it won’t come out this quarter), but I’m going to advocate for internally and hope it’s something we can do later in the year.

2 Likes

Hello Talia, @TRB-monday.com , I’m in a similar boat as @Julien78. My organization is able to show almost everything we need to the public, except for the subitems column, which we use heavily for resource management. Please feel free to let your internal team know that another person out in the world is looking for this feature to be visible as well.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @TRB-monday.com Any updates about our request please?
Thanks for your feedback.

Hey @Julien78 and @jescobar, still no updates on this (the developers responsible for this area will not give an ETA), but I have passed your feedback to them, and will make sure they know how impactful it would be for you! I will keep you updated if anything changes.

@TRB-monday.com Just bumping this as it seems this can be a pretty useful update. Our agency would greatly benefit from this and it seems rather straightforward. Appreciate your assistance pushing this internally.

2 Likes

Hi Everybody,

Sorry but it’s really urgent for us to be able to share ALL items & subitems with other people.

As a reminder, we are asking about this feature since August 2020.

Please let us know when it will be available it’s urgent for us.

3 Likes

Same for us… Its really important for our workflows

3 Likes

Hi @MichaelCalvinJones, @Julien78, and @hlopezvc! I’m continuing to try to push this internally—I understand it’s important for your workflows and will keep you updated when I get news.

For anyone else reading this—feel free to share how using subitems in broadcast/this shared view would fit into your use case! The more feedback we get the more likely it is to happen.

5 Likes

@TRB-monday.com

For us, I am the implementation project manager for our company and I need to be able to share a list of the project tasks with timeline. Each task has sub items and that’s the most important part as it lists specific tasks that are important to be completed. I don’t want to add users as guest, but I want to be able to share a non-editable view of the items, but since sub items do not show up, they cannot see the tasks necessary to update.

2 Likes

Please add this feature!

2 Likes