Support subitems in time tracking widget

The workaround is somewhat helpful (thank you), but does not work if you are running time tracking dashboards. Would love a fix for this!

4 Likes

Our organization would like to see this functionality added to the Time Tracking Widget. It has been extremely painful trying to capture the total hours between the sub-item and parent levels in a view where you can see both.

3 Likes

That’s actually helpful, but how would you go about getting the value per month?

1 Like

Agree - this workaround also works against the standard reporting and dashboards unfortunately! Monday have put time tracking at a level that can’t be reported on so it defeats the purpose for me…

This topic needs to be bumped - if multiple users cannot simultaneously track time against the same project, then sub-items need to be used. Frankly, in some cases sub-items are the better structure anyway. But there absolutely needs to be a function for this time to roll up to the parent in a way that is accessible as time for widgets / dashboards.

2 Likes

Let’s get this resolved - very little point in having time-tracking data without the ability to use it

Does anyone know of any progress on this?
We too have been hugely struggling with Monday’s subitem time tracking and it’s always one issue after another with workarounds.

Problem Subitem time isn’t added to parent item’s time tracking (which should be a checkbox)?
Workaround: Create the subitem total column
New Problem: Dashboard Widgets can’t look at this column.
Workaround: Try export in an effort to use an external solution?
New Problem: Monday doesn’t export itemized Subitem time entries.

Time Tracking is just a never-ending challenge for an otherwise great platform.

2 Likes

Yes, all this! In addition it makes charts etc very hard/impossible to create for time tracking as you end up using different column types.

Hi all,

We sincerely apologise for the delay in responding to this thread! We are working on improving our responsiveness to the community, particularly our feature request process so appreciate your patience in advance!

On that note, as we pull together all the votes associated with this topic, we would love if you can redirect the votes on this thread, to the primary thread (most voted) here: Time tracking dashboard should calculate from subtasks as well - #25 by TimothyReynal - as we plan to close this smaller thread in an attempt to consolidate all votes, and better prioritise this feature request based upon the total amount of votes :pray:

Thanks!

1 Like

This is very problematic and frankly a nightmare.
PLEASE make this work.

Hoping the ability to use the dashboard from subtask time tracking is introduced soon. I was really surprised that we’re able to summarize the total hours of the subtasks, but not pull that summary over to the dashboard. Major limitation.

We really need the Time-tracking widget to support sub-item time tracking! May need to look into another platform for time tracking if this isn’t resolved!

@monday-team - Please look into this. We’re considering switching because of the lack in this feature… This is such an essential for anyone who uses time-tracking and it seems like an easy fix.

Hi there!

A solution that worked for me (not ideal, but ok), is to use a graphic, with stacked bar and expanded view, in the dashboard (1st image). The graphic counts the time tracking of each subitem and in the configs I chose to show by person per mounth.

This works for project board (2nd image). Our company is small, few people per project.

1 Like

I mentioned it in another time tracking based thread, so I’m not going to go too extensively into it here (just link over there - Improvements on Time tracking column - #184 by EMorton), but the overall gist is that another solution for this is instead of the time tracking widget, use the workload widget and some creative column use to indicate how many hours someone has worked each day/week/month. Can allow for setting a ‘capacity’ to indicate when someone’s hitting their total hours for the week, as well as be filtered as well by any number of fields/columns that you add to the items or subitems.
For example, here’s a snapshot of what it looks like with a selection of hours against a few filtered tasks from the last couple of weeks.

Hi community,

Thank you for this valuable feedback. At the moment, time tracking is not in our upcoming roadmap since we are focusing on other areas of the platform. While we do not currently support time tracking, there are some great apps in the monday marketplace to help with your needs. I recomendd checking out Trackets by Avisi Apps or 7pace by Appfire.

While this is not on the roadmap at moment, I will let you know if things change in the future.

Keep sharing your ideas and voting on the features most important for you. To learn more about our new feature request process check out this post. All you need to know about our new Feature Request process

I can’t believe that this ticket has been open since May of 2020 and has so many up votes but Monday.com continues to ignore this fundamental piece of functionality.

No sure if this will help

but it worked for me

Parent & subitem tracking

SUM({Time Tracking}+{Subitems Time Tracking})/60/60