Unable to sort or filter by mirrored columns

It appears that you are not able to sort mirrored columns. Is this an issue for anyone else? I’m creating a project intake process that requires multiple mirrored boards and on of the steps will rely on a sorted mirrored column. Also, there is no way to filter by mirrored columns, even though they clearly show-up in both options.

I am also having the problem of being unable to sort mirrored columns. The drop down on the column shows that it is possible as does the hover on the top of the column. However, there is no sorting occurring.

3 Likes

Yup - this started happening to me as well, I depend on mirrored columns in my tracking boards. Sort in mirrored columns was working fine until a few weeks ago.

1 Like

I’d also like to be able to show a column summary for mirrored columns.

3 Likes

I am able to sort and filter by a mirror column (mirroring a status column) BUT only when there is a single board in connect boards column. Once I add a second board to connect boards and mirror, I cannot sort the mirror column and the filters do not work. The mirror column does not show up in quick filters. Oddly, it does show in advanced filters as an option on column pick list, but when clicked, nothing happens.

I submitted this to Monday team a week ago for help. At least six different troubleshooters worked on the case asking for lots of info, video, console screenshot, etc. None of them seemed to be aware that this appears to be a platform-wide problem. They were focused on my specific boards and my web browser etc. They passed the case on to the developers Friday. I followed up suggesting this is a bigger problem than my specific case.

@AronK - as one of the leads on multi-board mirror roll-out, can you please update here on solution status for these problems with sort / filter on multi-board mirror columns? If helpful, my support request is #1680415. Maybe you can connect with the developers on this? This functionality is not useful without sort / filter, including in dashboards. I need this to work for org-wide annual work planning I’m rolling out right now with 25 staff, so this is urgent for us. Thanks!

3 Likes

@hdurey appreciate the note and context! I was able to find that all of that troubleshooting enabled the team to submit this issue to be looked at by the developers. I do see that the support team has your ticket on hold which means that as soon as they are pinged from the developers, they’ll be able to circle back to you with an update.

1 Like

Update from the Monday team and developers below. Sounds like it could be quite a while before a fix is implemented. For our team at least, this puts a big damper on the usefulness of multi-board mirror columns to roll up info from many boards and then filter for various purposes, especially in dashboards.

"Maddie here for the team! I’ve just received word from our developers.

After looking into this, they have realized that they will need to rewrite some of the filters code to support multi-board linkage. They are afraid that this is not a quick fix, and will take time to review and implement new code that supports multi-board linkage settings. With that being said, this issue has been moved to our bugs backlog queue.

While I’m unable to offer a timeline for when they will be implementing a fix, our developers will continue to consider it as they move forward in making platform improvements. Although it is considered to be of a lower priority than issues that severely impact platform functionality, we understand the impact this issue has on you and your team.

I recognize this is not ideal, but if there’s anything else at all that I can assist with in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to reach out. My team is here 24/7, and we’re always happy to help!"

1 Like

Hi all, just pinging here again to bring this issue back up to light. Thanks @hdurey for submitting the details and info here. I’ve noticed that I’m also not able to sort by mirrored columns when I have 2 separate single board connection columns… Not sure if this is just my use-case. I’ll submit a ticket to monday support as this does reduce a lot of the usefulness of mirrored/connect board columns.

3 Likes

I’m having this issue too. If it hasn’t been fixed has someone come up with a workaround/hack?

1 Like

Any update for this issue? I just tried to filter on a mirrored column and was confused when the Advanced filters would let me select the column, but when I tried to select a condition or value it kept prompting me to select a column… very confusing.

1 Like

+1 on this feature request. This is a huge damper on our workflow and ease of use for our boards! We just created a high level board and are having that source all of our low level board common fields, like stage, CSM, contract dates etc. to avoid double entry. Finding out that we can’t sort the mirror columns is such a bummer!

2 Likes

Jumping on this thread to keep updated! Would love to have this feature available for my team.

2 Likes

I too am joining this thread, apparently this used to work but no longer does and hasnt for almost a year? Is there any ETA when this will be implemented? It is very counter intuitive to mirror multiple boards into one but then not be able to filter through all that data.

1 Like

Adding to the chorus. Not being able to sort a column is bonkers.

2 Likes

Jumping in here as well. This is a much needed option to be able to sort mirror columns. I’m specifically needing to sort by dates using a mirror column timeline.

1 Like

JFC can someone at Monday fix this!!!

2 Likes

Man! This is terrible. Come on Monday!! not being able to sort using mirrored columns renders mirrored columns fairly useless in the context of reporting…

2 Likes

Hi. Nir from VLOOKUP app. Check out VLOOKUP that allows multiple board linking while keeping monday native features like filtering, automations, permissions and reporting. Hope this helps.

+1 Really need this to be fixed, or at least a workaround to be posted.

2 Likes

+1 here after a year of the issue being identified, it seems. Here’s hoping that this will get fixed soon.

We have a scenario where we need a team to make updates to an overall Item status based on the Status coming in from several connected boards and the filter option would be crucial for an efficient workflow.

1 Like