Mirror Column - Select Entire Board or Group

@AronK @danaaviv It’s great that multi-board linking/mirroring is now out, however as others have explained here, it’s not really useful for many without being able to select all items from a board. Is this going to be released soon as well?

1 Like

There must be options for

• Select all board ítems
  • Select by group of items

If anyone is interested, it is possible to automatically mirror multiple pulses into a single pulse using Integromat.

You have to setup an automation that mirrors new or updated board items to google sheets. Once all the data is in google sheets you can SUM the data or run any other formula. Then you simply mirror the results of that formula back to any number cell in Monday.

It’s completely automated and works well for certain use cases but it can be tricky to setup.

1 Like

I spent 8 hours yesterday making sure all 3000 items were accounted for in a connect to board column. A select group function would knock that down to connecting only 100 groups.
Really need:

1. Select by group of items
  2. Multi board linking for the connect to board column
    Before i go insane please
4 Likes

If you make sure you use two-way mirror (see below) you can go to your connected board (or source), select all items and update “the other side of the mirror”.

1 Like

So … This topic has an average postage rate of every 10 days. I’m passing by to do my part and collect the devs. :rofl:

Any news?

Yes @basdebruin that could be a workaround when items are connected on the “parent” level. But doing the same from a subitems link to pulse column, from the “other side of the mirror” you will loose references of the parent item (they are not shown) and you will not be able to recognize where is the pulse to connect.

So, still we need to select entire board or group from “this side” of the mirror.

Hello, what is the status on being able to mirror COMPLETE boards. I keeps seeing comments for mirroring or connecting a column, but I want 1 board that when updated feeds EVERYTHING into another board. Thanks!

5 Likes

Is there an update here that I’ve missed? Seems dangerous when cost / time tracking to not have mirrored groups automatically select any new items added by team members. Thanks!

@Viewport An update from at least the users’ perspective is that we’re now closing in on TWO YEARS since the first post in this request to have the critical mirror column actually function that way most people need it to. The original request states the problem and the need perfectly:

@AronK @danaaviv the last update from February 2021 was “we will release it in the upcoming months​:pray:t2:”. Can you please update with a more specific ETA for this? Thank you.

We need this feature ASAP, users cannot connect massive pulses to another choosing one by one…

1 Like

Hi all,

There is this Rollup Multiple Boards (RMB) app (see marketplace) that does this (and a lot more). Basically it let you create boards (I call them down-level boards) based on a monday.com template and link that entire board (so all items) to an item in the high-level board. If an item is created in such a down-level board the app will know about that. The app also has filtering capabilities to filter just a subset of the items in the down-level boards. This filtering is based on a dropdown column.

Based on these (always in sync) relationships that app aggregates data from these down-level board with its own integration recipes. Just like a multi-item mirror column the aggregated value shows the sum of a number, or the average etc. Or the % of tasks with status done. These recipe eliminate the need for a mirror column.

The app can be adapted to make sure a connect_boards column is always update when something changes on a down-level board. From that point forward you can choose to either user the internal RMB recipes or the monday.com mirror capabilities by pointing the mirror to the connect_boards column.

Let me know if there is any interest is this addition to the existing RMB app.

Hi! Thanks for the ping. At the moment we do not have an ETA (we are actively looking into support for this, however) for when this functionality will be available. I have passed along the request for an update and let the product team know that this is still a pressing concern and highly sought after feature request for our users. As I have any updates I’ll be sure to circle back and share.

Agree - this is a definite need. It’s not practical to select one by one. When I met with our dedicated account manager yesterday, I also asked about mirroring the entire row, including the first column (item name) and the suggestion was made that I manually type the item name again to match what’s coming over in the mirrored column. That defeats the purpose.

It’s still not ideal but another workaround I’ve tested:

1. Set up a two-way connection between your high-level and poject board
  2. Connect first task on project to item on high-level board
  3. Set Item Deafult Values to the setting of the first task in step 2.
  4. Now any new items are added to the items in the connected column on high-level board

You can then hide the connected column on project board as it’s just the same entry for each task.

1 Like

Lol Monday.com is a joke. Once again, this platform is missing basic, intuitive functionality.

Nearly 2 1/2 years since this was requested. We’re done waiting.

See you all on Asana.

1 Like

Still waiting on this, would be an incredibly useful feature.

1 Like

Hello @danaaviv, please make this a feature. Should be simple.

Items in different boards reflect each other no matter which board the update/change happens.

Thanks

Hi @AronK. Can you please update on this topic and if there’s an ETA on this core platform functionality? It’s been 5 months since your prior reply and well over two years since this request was first submitted. My team and many others REALLY need this. The connect boards / mirror columns are still not truly functional.

This request ranks 7th in terms of current total votes and should really be combined with the #6 most-voted - About the Link & Mirror function. Together they have over 180 votes and would be in pole position for the most requested feature (functionality fix). There are multiple other mirror column requests, e.g.:
Unable to sort or filter by mirrored columns
I can't use mirrored columns in automations anymore

Please provide an update on overall plans and timeline for making the mirror column achieve its full functionality. Thank you!

1 Like

Yes yes. Agreed here. From the perspective of someone who is evaluating Monday.com for clients, they’ve set expectations in their marketing that just doesn’t seem viable without an additional layer of constant, manual supervision.

I kept thinking I must be missing something obvious until I found this thread.

2 Likes