Set Board as MASTER Board (Column Structure, Permissions, and Automations Applied Across Linked Boards)

Any update on this. We have lost many customers for the want of this feature.

2 Likes

It is super frustrating for us too because we have so many job folders and some are jobs that got pushed back so I am missing key information via automations with these jobs!

1 Like

@monday-team bumping this for more attention as this is such a significant need for so many.

1 Like

Would love to see this feature implemented! Our operational processes are constantly changing thanks to frequent updates to workflows in some of the third-party platforms we utilize. Being able to append changes to all boards created from a template would save us a ton of headache when process updates have been made!

2 Likes

Back in June I actually went through and found all of the similar requests and sent them to support (Meka) for a total of 149 votes combined!

Mine: Mass update on templates (Mass update on templates)

Another User: Board templates Should carry over Automations/Integrations

Another User: Any way to set an automation across an entire account? (Any way to set an automation across an entire account?)

Another User: Set Board as MASTER Board (Column Structure, Permissions, and Automations Applied Across Linked Boards) (Set Board as MASTER Board (Column Structure, Permissions, and Automations Applied Across Linked Boards)

5 Likes

Is it available now?

1 Like

this is great news!!!

Hi @avirampm,

You said in your comment that this feature could be released by the end of 2020. But we are still waiting.

is this feature still on the road map?

When will we get this feature?

5 Likes

has this been released yet?

1 Like

Hi all,

Has anybody found a workaround for this?

I have over 300+ boards and if we implement a new automation is really a hassle going to be one by, really defeats the purpose of the automation side. :confused:

3 Likes

I’m super disappointed to see that this still has not been created and even more disappointed to see that you will only allow Enterprise subscriptions to access this feature when it is created. We are a small business with 6 members (who just upgraded to having 10 seats because we can’t pay per seat-- which is also very disappointing) and are paying almost $2,000 a year for this. And I can’t think of an automation that is more important than this. I spend SO MUCH TIME having to go in to each client’s folder and changing the automations in each board for each client every time that I realize/discover a new automation that would really help. Can you please provide an update on this @basdebruin ? Thank you!

5 Likes

I found a way to install this finally but I am not seeing how to add that “this is a template”
automation. When I search in integrations nothing pops up and when I search in views then apps nothing shows up either.

Hi

We really need this master template. It is very frustrating to change each duplicated project when there’s a change in requirements.

2 Likes

Agreed. Hoping that this feature is opened up soon.

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. After reading through your requests and ideas with the product team, I am excited to share that this feature is on our roadmap and is estimated to be released in 2024.

Thank you for being part of our development process. Your ideas and thoughts help us better understand the features that have the most impact for our customers all over the world.

Keep sharing your ideas with us and learn more about our feature request process here.

2 Likes

Hello,

When in 2024? I can remember that this has been announced way back as in 2020.

And more details available? Heard that it will be available only for Enterprise plan?

2 Likes

I’m trying to decide whether to choose Monday for my enterprise, and this feature is absolutely critical for us. When in 2024 will it be released?

2 Likes

I’ve been following this request on (one of) the threads where it originated, where it was originally expected months ago. I have been holding off on a complete reworking of a client’s boards which were unfortunately created ad hoc by multiple people, waiting for this to be implemented. Now I see it has been postponed to 2024. Is there any chance that means January, or is it just “sometime in 2024. Maybe. If we feel like it”?

This is one of the reasons I usually recommend clients NOT use Monday, but in this case it was already in place so I’m stuck with it. Although when I let them know how many hours it is going to take to straighten out, they might be amenable to changing.

2 Likes

Hi! Does anyone know the status on this? It’s about to be 2024. All I see is that it’s been in the roadmap since 2020. This feature will save me a lot of time!

2 Likes

Enterprise ONLY accounts!!! :frowning_face: :expressionless: I hope that’s changed since 2021 when it hopefully launches this year…

1 Like